GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 MK7.5 gti Bad turbo

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Yeah I could've been clearer, but that's what I was saying... The only thing we're saying differently is our opinion of whether to swap the dp or not. Personally I'd leave it on only because I know my dealer isn't gonna mention the dp to VW (they're just gonna send the ECU file). It's in the dealers beat interest to have your warranty claim approved so they can get paid from the mothership. Sounds like the op is pretty sure his dealer is relatively chill also... If I've got the time/space/energy I'd swap it out, but I don't so I'd leave it.

I do pop out my JB4 when I bring it in.
yeah i would 100% take out jb4 or anything like that, they would say that caused the issue and void, but as far as downpipe, I would say leave it, I mean it also depends on the dealer. Some are cool, some are d*cks, find a good one.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I would probably not be discussing your habits and intent to commit fraud against VW on social media.
I will help out anyone on here personally to fraud VW at all means possible. Feel free to PM me. I like VW cars, but I could give 1 crap about "frauding" a company like VW. As far as VW is concerned, they don't care about anything except $ i.e dieselgate where they pretty much frauded everyone and probably added to the terrible OZ layer situation and all that jazz. Also a dp comes after the turbo, they really can't actually hurt a turbo so there would be no fraud. HMU ppl, I got the emission tricking software in my shed, lol

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I will help out anyone on here personally to fraud VW at all means possible. Feel free to PM me. I like VW cars, but I could give 1 crap about "frauding" a company like VW. As far as VW is concerned, they don't care about anything except $ i.e dieselgate where they pretty much frauded everyone and probably added to the terrible OZ layer situation and all that jazz. Also a dp comes after the turbo, they really can't actually hurt a turbo so there would be no fraud. HMU ppl, I got the emission tricking software in my shed, lol

So by VW breaking laws, it gives consumers a green light for breaking the law themselves?

Do you believe this argument would hold up in court? Do you believe this argument will prevent someone from being flagged for future warranty claims? Do you believe that decreasing back pressure, thereby increasing flow across the turbine, and potential turbine speed, has no affect on the turbo?

Come on man, you’re smarter than this. If you are going to commit fraud, or advise others to do so, you might be a little more on the down-low with it.

Last edited:

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
So by VW breaking laws, it gives consumers a green light for breaking the law themselves?

Do you believe this argument would hold up in court? Do you believe this argument will prevent someone from being flagged for future warranty claims? Do you believe that decreasing back pressure, thereby increasing flow across the turbine, and potential turbine speed, has no affect on the turbo?

Come on man, you’re smarter than this. If you are going to commit fraud, or advise others to do so, you might be a little more on the down-low with it.

I have yet to hear of anybody's turbo failing just from an upgraded dp.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
isn't it VW who would deny the claim not dealer, dealer wants the want, money to be paid, but yea i would stock it out as much as possible
Yes. The scan is submitted with the claim. You can bet the dealer does this before they replace a turbo. You could have a downpipe problem if VW sends out a field tech to inspect the car but a good dealer should let you know so you can swap it out.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Me neither. What do you get, an extra 1 PSI? But if VW inspects the car it could give them an excuse to deny a driveline claim. I imagine the field techs have good relationships with the service managers, but figure there's always at least one dick.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Me neither. What do you get, an extra 1 PSI? But if VW inspects the car it could give them an excuse to deny a driveline claim. I imagine the field techs have good relationships with the service managers, but figure there's always at least one dick.

^^^
This is exactly my point.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
isn't it VW who would deny the claim not dealer, dealer wants the want, money to be paid, but yea i would stock it out as much as possible

Yes it's VW not the dealer who denies a warranty claim.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'm lucky that I've got a mod friendly dealer. They replaced my leaking thermostat housing under warranty when I was FBO IS38 and dyno tuned. They don't always scan the car for every warranty claim just powertrain warranties.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion

this is the internet, relax.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
this is the internet, relax.

Lol, so said every person fired, not hired, sued, arrested, and/or otherwise punished for careless words on social media.

Advising people to break the law, and your desire to assist them is simply ludicrous. If you think you post with anonymity, you are sadly mistaken.

But hey, keep being so overt with your activity, it makes you a much easier target.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Lol, so said every person fired, not hired, sued, arrested, and/or otherwise punished for careless words on social media.

Advising people to break the law, and your desire to assist them is simply ludicrous. If you think you post with anonymity, you are sadly mistaken.

But hey, keep being so overt with your activity, it makes you a much easier target.
While I don’t disagree with you... why do you even care? It’s very clearly obvious you don’t actually have a concern for him or are giving out the insight with the intentions to help him going forward.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion

Your welcome at our next local meetup, no anonymity here, also the above was sarcastic hence the secret sauce in my shed. Lastly, if any employer said I was in trouble for what I post on here joking or not, It wouldn't be a place I would want to work.
While I don’t disagree with you... why do you even care? It’s very clearly obvious you don’t actually have a concern for him or are giving out the insight with the intentions to help him going forward.
Corp has a little love hate relationship with me :p

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
While I don’t disagree with you... why do you even care? It’s very clearly obvious you don’t actually have a concern for him and are giving out the insight with the intentions to help him.

You are correct, I got off topic replying to the troll while I should have been responding to the OP.

@FROSTYmk7.5 - You have made modifications to your car that can negatively affect your emissions and bumper to bumper warranty. You have also provided sufficient information to likely identify your car and dealership used.

First, I would not take advice from people seemingly eager to commit and/or aid in fraud. Second, I would not post such questions on an open forum that can be easily traced back to you.

good luck to you.