GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
Does anybody know how to activate per zone ambient lighting? My ambient light list only has one slider for door/footwell. Also, I know MY16+ has ability to change the color of the screen but I couldn’t find the options in 09 Central Electronics - Adaptions that give you the color slider

sdmcoupe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
Do any of you that have done the swap have connectivity issues with your Android phone? Mine's a S9+. The connection to the phone is hyper sensitive. If you take a turn sharply or accelerate a bit aggressively i lose android auto and have to wiggle the cable back in (even though its still seated in the phone pretty well). I've tried multiple phone cables. All brand new. Some are factory cables.

I also run into issues where android auto wont even start. The phone is connected clearly as its charging but "USB Reading" doesn't progress to starting AA. Shutting the car down and starting it again helps with this scenario.

Thanks,
Rob

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I also run into issues where android auto wont even start. The phone is connected clearly as its charging but "USB Reading" doesn't progress to starting AA. Shutting the car down and starting it again helps with this scenario.
Thanks, Rob
This sounds like an issue I have with my phone. My phone is older than yours but the problem is with my USB-C port. Every few months I clean it with some compressed air electronic cleaner. It never has any issue charging but I find that when dirty I have issues with Android Auto (not just in my car) but also with transferring data to my computer. The phone will be intermittently be recognized as an external device. I also find that the port on my phone is "loose" compared to the ports on some of my other devices. I suspect it's from a combination of high use and the uneven pressure being put on the cable/port while it sits on the passenger seat.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Google has finally confirmed a bug that occurs with certain auto manufacturers (including VW and Audi) that disconnects the phone once the battery is fully charged.

Not certain that is your problem, but it confirms there may be some other bugs in the VW architecture.

I have had some totally random problems with AA that are hard to replicate. Lately it has been working well, but at least I know the answer isn't always "get a better cable", which is what most people will tell you.

https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/15209528?hl=en

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...id-auto-hate-fully-charged-phones-140969.html

sdmcoupe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
thanks for the info on this though this particular bug is not likely the issue. It just seems like the usb-c connection is hyper sensitive and any movement of the phone and cable leads to it disconnecting (regardless of new/OEM cable).

gandalfthegrey

Car(s)
2018 Golf Mk7.5 TSI
Hi guys,

I'm having some trouble swapping from the 8" to the 9.2" display in my 7.5 Golf.
My car's a 2018 Aus model, so it came with the MIB2.5 glovebox unit.

Bought the 9.2" display unit and fascia from a wrecked 7.5.
I had assumed that swapping the display would be no problem, since I'd read in a couple of posts that the displays don't have component protection, just the glovebox units.

Connecting the display was straightforward but it doesn't turn on or have the capacitive buttons light up.
OBDeleven shows the 5F module has Component Protection active (U1101).
I have attempted the "Confirmation of installation change" to no avail.

Has anyone else attempted this particular swap that can give me some pointers?
Regarding component protection, is my best option to go to Jack in Poland, or is this something my dealership will do?

Thanks

Rmzhrb

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys,

I'm having some trouble swapping from the 8" to the 9.2" display in my 7.5 Golf.
My car's a 2018 Aus model, so it came with the MIB2.5 glovebox unit.

Bought the 9.2" display unit and fascia from a wrecked 7.5.
I had assumed that swapping the display would be no problem, since I'd read in a couple of posts that the displays don't have component protection, just the glovebox units.

Connecting the display was straightforward but it doesn't turn on or have the capacitive buttons light up.
OBDeleven shows the 5F module has Component Protection active (U1101).
I have attempted the "Confirmation of installation change" to no avail.

Has anyone else attempted this particular swap that can give me some pointers?
Regarding component protection, is my best option to go to Jack in Poland, or is this something my dealership will do?

Thanks
Some dealerships will remove component protection. I had mine removed at a VW dealership while I waited to work with Jack. Find yourself a dealership that’s tune friendly (APR or Unitronic VW dealerships)

gandalfthegrey

Car(s)
2018 Golf Mk7.5 TSI
Some dealerships will remove component protection. I had mine removed at a VW dealership while I waited to work with Jack. Find yourself a dealership that’s tune friendly (APR or Unitronic VW dealerships)

Thanks, I contacted my VW dealership and they happily directed me to a 3rd-party.
If anyone else in Melbourne just needs component protection removed autofidelity will do it for 275AUD.

Amaster85

Passed Driver's Ed
Is anyone selling the adapters required for working with Jack ? I'm slowly acquiring the parts last one I need is an MIB2 glove box unit. Then just waiting for everything to arrive.

If anyone wants to rent them out I can also rent them from you id be willing to pay a deposit then you can refund me and keep a portion of the deposit

mattcony

Currently researching the MIB2 swap for my 2015 GTI, we just purchased a 2020 Atlas with the 8” screen & MIB2 last week so curiosity had me pull out the brain from the glovebox to check part number and model.

This is what I have but the P/N comes up no where on Google that I can see. 2GM035844A is it a newer version or still the same ?

Attachments

• B1BB7FCF-F56E-4994-BE70-819E0E84DA0E.jpeg
    B1BB7FCF-F56E-4994-BE70-819E0E84DA0E.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 173

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Currently researching the MIB2 swap for my 2015 GTI, we just purchased a 2020 Atlas with the 8” screen & MIB2 last week so curiosity had me pull out the brain from the glovebox to check part number and model.

This is what I have but the P/N comes up no where on Google that I can see. 2GM035844A is it a newer version or still the same ?
strange, must be new. curious to see if it works.

mattcony

looking to loan / rent / purchase the VAS 5054A ODIS cable and D-Link adapter so Jack can work his magic please. (Orlando, FL)

Or any alternative recommendations welcome ?

Parabola

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI, 22 Tiguan
Jack programed my MIB2 this morning as well. I didn't do a nav unit and I went for the 6.5" screen. I spent $410 on the parts, $120 on the cable, and $350 for Mr. Jack.

Overall, I am very happy! I did a rearview camera, helix sub, powerfolding mirrors, and high line door modules as well.

where did you obtain the parts?