GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

sdmcoupe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
shouldn't be. Just go through the adaptations in 5f and find charisma, make sure it is enabled.
I activated charisma via vcds and nothing changed. It took a while to find this "charisma option as there were so many channels to scroll through in vcds. Found it...enabled it...restarted car...nothing.

sdmcoupe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
nevermind...this instruction from kyacrash fixed it:

"In 5f go back to Adaptations but this time select "Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2"

Then look for "charisma_0x17" and change it to activated . "

thanks so much!

Amaster85

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, I'm new to these forums and the MK7. I am looking to retrofit a MIB2 into my 15 gsw. I really want to use the 8" discover screen but I am having trouble finding the trim piece.

I have the brushed silver looking trim throughout my car and am looking for the trim that would work with the 8" discover all glass screen.

TIA for any info on part numbers or potentially a source.

thehollowaytape

Hey guys, I'm new to these forums and the MK7. I am looking to retrofit a MIB2 into my 15 gsw. I really want to use the 8" discover screen but I am having trouble finding the trim piece.

I have the brushed silver looking trim throughout my car and am looking for the trim that would work with the 8" discover all glass screen.

As far as I know that trim is only available in two colors: Piano Black and Polar Night (dark gray metallic flake).

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I think that's correct. If you are interested in the 8" matte screen the trim is available in brushed silver, PN 5G1819728AFDMD. It can be ordered from e-acca, bks-tuning... maybe some other places. Might take a few weeks for them to source it but I've had good luck with both. I have the 8" matte screen in my car and tried ordering that trim from several stateside vendors, took some longer than others but they all eventually cancelled my order and issued refunds.

Amaster85

Passed Driver's Ed
As far as I know that trim is only available in two colors: Piano Black and Polar Night (dark gray metallic flake).

Thank you so much for the quick response! I appreciate it and will be looking into the matter screen

I think that's correct. If you are interested in the 8" matte screen the trim is available in brushed silver, PN 5G1819728AFDMD. It can be ordered from e-acca, bks-tuning... maybe some other places. Might take a few weeks for them to source it but I've had good luck with both. I have the 8" matte screen in my car and tried ordering that trim from several stateside vendors, took some longer than others but they all eventually cancelled my order and issued refunds.

Thank you! I will look into the matter screen, I appreciate the PN and the website to order from.

jjjohnny

Car(s)
VW Golf Mk7 R
I would like to thank kyacrash for his driver mode fix, that worked like a dream.
I have had my unlocked MIB2 in my r for 3 months searching the web trying to find a way to get back my driving modes.
Great Work kyacrash :)

aditud

Passed Driver's Ed

I got my screen and brushed aluminum trim from https://eurozonetuning.com about a year ago. It was the last non-defective non-nav matte 8" they had. But who knows? Maybe they have more, or maybe they can sell you the trim if they have it. Try this contact billn@eurozonetuning.com

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
i stumbled upon this retrofitters
https://www.apg.org.pl/
and guess what? it’s in Poland 🤔
APG has been around forever. Even mentioned in the OP.

I contacted them when Jack was on hiatus a while back and they were unable/unwilling to help. I think people have had success with either buying preprogrammed hardware from them or sending hardware to them to program. I imagine they provide better/more services for customers in Europe.

Smahatma

APG has been around forever. Even mentioned in the OP.

I contacted them when Jack was on hiatus a while back and they were unable/unwilling to help. I think people have had success with either buying preprogrammed hardware from them or sending hardware to them to program. I imagine they provide better/more services for customers in Europe.
Having dealt with them very recently for a preprogrammed unit and asking a lot of questions, it seems they are (understandably) very hesitant to help if you cannot prove that your used unit was acquired legitimately (like official bill of sale and/or documentation from owner of the donor vehicle). I’m guessing they were burned in the past with stolen units.