GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mid-range alternatives to Michelin PSS

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Bringing this back from the dead. I submitted my rebate on mar 23, should it have been sent by now? I checked and its still "Processing" has anyone else bought from TR and submitted the rebate and got theirs? Feels like they want me to forget about this.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
TR has RS4's for $157 in 255/40 17 if anyone wants a 200tw that can be DDed.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
That is not atypical and not on TR anyway.

ogrisker

Ready to race!
Another vote for Indy 500's
IMG_0741.JPG

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
if you drive hard, I'd go with a directional tire so you can flip them when your outer edge wears. The RS4 deal above would fill that bill

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
I mean I never did rebates im sure older folk here have
Wait? I'd only have to be a couple months older than you to have received the rebate, LOL.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Make sure you check the prices given the different tire sizes. I will be getting a new set soon, and am deciding between PS4S and Indy500. Michelins run wide, so I would get 235's, whereas Indies run narrow, so I would go for 245's. Costco occasionally has sales where you can save $150 on a set of PS4S tires. Comparing the prices for 245 Indies on Tire Rack and for 235 PS4S at Costco, with California tax included, the Michelins will be just $50 more. That's including mounting the tires on your wheels at Costco. The Tire Rack price is without mounting. A set of Indies in 235 are $660 for me (California tax included), but I would also have to pay for mounting. Don't know how much that would be, but I assume between $50 and $100. So while PS4S from Costco would cost me $820 out the door mounted, I would save no more than about $100 by going with same size Indies. I would go with PS4S in this case.

Last edited:

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Be careful about Costco. They are a fine source but won't mount non OEM sizes around here. If you need to buy local, try to get a price match. I got my best deal by ordering online from TR etc and paying $20 a wheel for mounting. Tire Rack is a solid reliable source with great prices.

Last edited:

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Be careful about Costco. They are a fine source but won't mount non OEM sizes around here. If you need to buy local, try to get a price match. I got my best deal by ordering online from TR etc and paying $20 a wheel for mounting. Tire Rack is a solid reliable source with great prices.

I've heard about Costco mounting issues. I'll just give them a call beforehand.