GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Got the meth tested and running tonight.

ambient was 52F, I’m not sure if it’s normal but with the is20 I was able to do 9-12 degrees over ambient but since I switched to the hybrid 38 it’s always been 15-20 over regularly when in boost... and good chunk higher out of it.

car has not been feeling as fast as the first week when I put the hybrid on but that could just be in my head and getting accustomed to it.

Anyways - here it is.. thoughts/suggestions

https://datazap.me/u/elbigoteaj/hyb...4-18&solo=4-14&trim=0&tmin=306.12&tmax=454.25

Attachments

• D217337F-5524-49A4-ADB9-78FD7559F3C6.png
    D217337F-5524-49A4-ADB9-78FD7559F3C6.png
    180.4 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Got the meth tested and running tonight.

ambient was 52F, I’m not sure if it’s normal but with the is20 I was able to do 9-12 degrees over ambient but since I switched to the hybrid 38 it’s always been 15-20 over regularly when in boost... and good chunk higher out of it.

car has not been feeling as fast as the first week when I put the hybrid on but that could just be in my head and getting accustomed to it.

Anyways - here it is.. thoughts/suggestions

https://datazap.me/u/elbigoteaj/hyb...4-18&solo=4-14&trim=0&tmin=306.12&tmax=454.25
IATS are pretty good, your 3 over ambient, thats great. Trims good, AFR good, ign_2-5 good, ign_1 no flatline but is probably ok, im still trying to figure this out so maybe wait for someone else too haha

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Diggs, which parameter should I be referencing when trying to keep an eye on that concern? I don’t know what to look for with the fuel delivery beyond the afr and trim.Should I run less e content, or drop boost up top?
At 5550 your AFR goes to 11's and stays there, I believe this means its on the Lean side, and trims start to go up and flatline so its running lean

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
At 5550 your AFR goes to 11's and stays there, I believe this means its on the Lean side, and trims start to go up and flatline so its running lean
No it means the egts are high and the Ecm is dumping fuel in, or the emc jumps to a wot reading and dumps fuel in.

George still reads my logs and I adjust things per his recommendations and perceptions of whats going on during my logs and this turbo. I just like getting additional perspectives.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
No it means the egts are high and the Ecm is dumping fuel in, or the emc jumps to a wot reading and dumps fuel in.

George still reads my logs and I adjust things per his recommendations and perceptions of whats going on during my logs and this turbo. I just like getting additional perspectives.
ah so afr is air/fuel being at your peak rpm, its 11.2/1 air/fuel so less air means the ecm is dumping more fuel. gotcha, im still learning, I might be annoying people on here idn, I don't wanna spread mis-information, but im trying (until i blow my car up due to JB4 :) lol)

CHHA

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Octavia RS
At 5550 your AFR goes to 11's and stays there, I believe this means its on the Lean side

Nope. AFR 1 = 14,7:1 (relationship oxygen to fuel). So 11 is rich