GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Turbo Options

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Only seen one post about the rx500 and rx600 which are are DBB.

Anyone know anything about these?
from these guys?

https://www.rxturbo.com/product/rx500-turbo/
I know it’s just a grammatical error but I would find it unsettling buying something like a turbo from a company where no one on their team has noticed this error and fixed it....or worse the company intentionally advertises it a “duel ball bearing”

1 : a combat between two persons
specifically : a formal combat with weapons fought between two persons in the presence of witnesses
2 : a conflict between antagonistic persons, ideas, or forces
also : a hard-fought contest between two opponents

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
from these guys?

https://www.rxturbo.com/product/rx500-turbo/
I know it’s just a grammatical error but I would find it unsettling buying something like a turbo from a company where no one on their team has noticed this error and fixed it....or worse the company intentionally advertises it a “duel ball bearing”

1 : a combat between two persons
specifically : a formal combat with weapons fought between two persons in the presence of witnesses
2 : a conflict between antagonistic persons, ideas, or forces
also : a hard-fought contest between two opponents
Easy, they're combating against friction. :D

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Easy, they're combating against friction. :D

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Discussed new TPC20 IS20 hybrid options becoming available with Nick from TPC today. He was super helpful.

Stage 1: TD05 CHRA, larger wheels than IS38
Stage 2: also a TD05 CHRA, same sized compressor wheel as the Stage 3. Bit slower spool than Stage 1, better midrange, more overall punch
Stage 3: TD06 CHRA, discussed over the last few pages of this thread, dynos available on website

TD05 options sound nice for those that were concerned about slower spooling characteristics of the Stage 3 version. He said their Stage 1 is most similar to the LM440 IS20, and their TPC38 Stage 1 is more along the lines of the LM500.

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Discussed new TPC20 IS20 hybrid options becoming available with Nick from TPC today. He was super helpful.

Stage 2: also a TD05 CHRA, same sized compressor wheel as the Stage 3. Bit slower spool than Stage 1, better midrange, more overall punch
Stage 3: TD06 CHRA, discussed over the last few pages of this thread, dynos available on website

TD05 options sound nice for those that were concerned about slower spooling characteristics of the Stage 3 version. He said their Stage 1 is most similar to the LM440 IS20, and their TPC38 Stage 1 is more along the lines of the LM500.

Good to know that he is using TD05 CHRAs now... may go w/stg 2.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT

Any idea when these will be out?

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Lead time is a couple weeks.

I’m trading in the unused Stage 3 I bought for Stage 2, seemed like a better fit for the 1.8. Awesome customer service from those guys.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Lead time is a couple weeks.

I’m trading in the unused Stage 3 I bought for Stage 2, seemed like a better fit for the 1.8. Awesome customer service from those guys.

I don't see pricing for a stage 2 on the site. Any idea what the pricing will be?

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Same pricing for Stage 1, 2 & 3. Their Stage 3 is on sale right now but way back when I bought it full price was $1750 including a calibrated wastegate actuator. PM me if you’d like more details.

They do offer core buybacks for your old turbo, however. Won’t have much need for an IS12 once it goes in I reckon.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Just chiming in as i've been running the TPC20 for the last 10k miles or so. It's been fantastic and the powerband of my car with the A3 gearing is just tons of fun. It's not the fastest spool-wise, but for as cheap as it is, it's an awesome option.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Just chiming in as i've been running the TPC20 for the last 10k miles or so. It's been fantastic and the powerband of my car with the A3 gearing is just tons of fun. It's not the fastest spool-wise, but for as cheap as it is, it's an awesome option.
Feel free to post a log as that is something that is missing on a lot of the turbo options out there.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Found this the other day, genuine gen 2 GTX3071r reverse rotation in aftermarket IS38 housings. Would have been nice if they spent a little extra on a larger inlet/outlet antisurge compressor housing but I guess these are chinese castings.

https://www.turbo-total.com/500-ps-upgrade-turbolader-fuer-volkswagen-golf-vii-2.0-r
if you read any german, there's also an adapter flange they sell that lets you bolt a G25-660 reverse rotation internally gated turbo on there...