GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do I need professional help?

Bdurrell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Z06
Have you decided if you are getting the new Vette?

No, I'm still on the fence. My rationale is to wait and actually see a final production model and then decide.

My 2019 R, with both the ECU & TCU APR stage 1 tunes is quite a bit of fun for onramp merging and fills my "need for speed" for now. It's actually quite an enjoyable experience, driving a debaged sleeper.

Bdurrell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Z06
Have you decided if you are getting the new Vette?

Yes, I just bought a 2019 Corvette Z06 yesterday. I was 322 on the C8 list and felt an 18 month wait wasn't worth it.
Great deal....$64,500 ...&TT&L, w/ no dealer fee. Received a crappy $34k for my 2019 3 month old Golf R.

20191209_114138.jpg
20191209_123947.jpg
20191209_125619.jpg
20191209_123355.jpg

Last edited:

SRTie4k

Ready to race!
Congratulations.

The only thing I will say is that perpetually chasing after the next best thing can sometimes be a sign that you are unhappy elsewhere in life, and you are filling that void with "stuff". Those things only have a tendency to keep your attention away from that pressing issue for a short time, hence jumping from the "old" thing to the next best thing after that, over and over.

That said, I am no psychiatrist, but I do have experience with exactly that previously in my life.

In all seriousness, if you are actually concerned that you might have a problem, it would be wise to speak to a professional, not to a forum of car enthusiasts. The worst that happens is you're out a couple hundred bucks (what's a couple hundred when you drop tens of thousands on depreciation annually?) and they tell you there's nothing wrong. The best that happens is you find out you actually do have a problem and you work towards correcting it, and come out happier on the other side.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Enjoy it before the woke climate warriors put a cap on maximum trade ins per year.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Congrats and enjoy your ride.

I came across an article that C7s are discounted heavily but $24k off sticker is a sick deal.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

FactoryR

Ready to race!
Congratulations.

The only thing I will say is that perpetually chasing after the next best thing can sometimes be a sign that you are unhappy elsewhere in life, and you are filling that void with "stuff". Those things only have a tendency to keep your attention away from that pressing issue for a short time, hence jumping from the "old" thing to the next best thing after that, over and over.

That said, I am no psychiatrist, but I do have experience with exactly that previously in my life.

In all seriousness, if you are actually concerned that you might have a problem, it would be wise to speak to a professional, not to a forum of car enthusiasts. The worst that happens is you're out a couple hundred bucks (what's a couple hundred when you drop tens of thousands on depreciation annually?) and they tell you there's nothing wrong. The best that happens is you find out you actually do have a problem and you work towards correcting it, and come out happier on the other side.

So then to answer his original question, maybe OP really does need professional help. I think I have the same problem as I've jumped from about 4 new cars since 2014...maybe I need help to.

Backtrack2015

Passed Driver's Ed
I probably need some help too, although a three month turnaround is much faster than my normal interval of about two years. Luckily my income is flat and cars are getting expensive enough now that I can't stomach the depreciation (thus, maybe I'm cured).

egrunt

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats on the C7 Z06. Great price on the Z06 with 24k off MSRP. I have considered transitioning from my 2018 BMW M5 (F90) back to a C7. On the Corvette Forum the best I can find is 16k off MSRP from a 2019 2LZ Z06 with a MSRP off $85,675 and a selling price of $$69,254 (including the $2k rebate).

I am 53 years old and I have a play / weekend car and every 2-3 years I look for another weekend car. I have had my M5 (F90) since August of 2018 and I transitioned from a 2015 BMW M3 (F80) prior to that I had 2014 C7 Z51. The one I miss is the 2012 C6 Z06/Z07, I have contemplated looking for another one. My everyday driver is my trusty 2008 Tacoma DCB 4X4 Off-Road that I will keep forever. I have a work bike assigned for work so I use to commute to and from work.

Possible next vehicle is a 2020 Porsche 911S or C8. My wife loves her 2012 GTI Autobahn. Life to too short and you cannot take the money with you. Enjoy life.
M5 driveway.jpg
IMG_1245.JPG
2014Z51.jpg
2012 Z06.jpg
tacoma.jpg
GTI.jpg

Last edited: