GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Error: Service Vehicle

bkmensch

Anyone have news about the warranty extension or recall rumors?
The recall is real. check to see if your VIN in included here https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls. There was a similar VW recall #37M5 that sounds the same issue but did not apply to my 15 GTI. This is a new #37L2 and I found mine in the NHTSA website above. called my dealership but they do not have the parts yet for the micro switch replacement.

bkmensch

The recall is real. check to see if your VIN in included here https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls. There was a similar VW recall #37M5 that sounds the same issue but did not apply to my 15 GTI. This is a new #37L2 and I found mine in the NHTSA website above. called my dealership but they do not have the parts yet for the micro switch replacement.

sorry, got the recall number mixed up. it's 37L5 and 37M2 respectively. 37M2 is the newer one.

Attachments

• recall.png
    recall.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 753
Last edited:

spelk3

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘17 BMW xDrive35i
Recall:
Micro Switch
VW ACTION CODE
37M2
NHTSA RECALL NUMBER
19V615
START DATE
08-21-2019
DESCRIPTION
Over time, a build up of silicate on the shift lever micro switch contacts can result in an isolation like layer that may be interpreted as an open micro switch. This open switch normally indicates that the shift lever is in P park position. If the build up happens, it may be possible to remove the key from the ignition switch without the shift lever being in the P park position because the system isn't able to recognize that the vehicle is not in P park. This makes the vehicle noncompliant with FMVSS 114 Theft protection and rollaway prevention. If the ignition key is removed without the shift lever being in P Park position, there is a risk that the vehicle may roll away, resulting in a crash that could injure people and damage property.
REMEDY
REPAIR NOT YET AVAILABLE

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Error is bullshit. I've already had it replaced once. Goes off at least one a day for 1 second then gone

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

caleb.mk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 DSG
I thought the newest recall just expanded the original one to include more vehicles. If it is different what did they change?

The original fix was work preformed on the current circuit board in the problematic area. This fix adds a 2nd circuit board next to the original.

Tell me if I'm wrong!

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
The original fix was work preformed on the current circuit board in the problematic area. This fix adds a 2nd circuit board next to the original.

Tell me if I'm wrong!

Well I had the original recall done earlier this year on my 15 Golf (which I ended up trading in), the fix was to add a second circuit board at that time as well. I can probably dig up the paperwork tomorrow and let you know exactly what the work order says.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
I want to get mine over with so I can install the JB4.

Just install the JB4, and you'll get the recall notice the next day.

When I was young and stupid in my early teens, if I wanted to make the bus get there, I'd just light a cigarette. Even if I just missed one bus, poof! Bus would magically appear. 100% success rate.

Karma was concerned for my health.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Just install the JB4, and you'll get the recall notice the next day.

When I was young and stupid in my early teens, if I wanted to make the bus get there, I'd just light a cigarette. Even if I just missed one bus, poof! Bus would magically appear. 100% success rate.

Karma was concerned for my health.
+1 on the bus thing.

MikeyR44

Go Kart Newbie
I already had this repaired before the recall, but the dealer says that it should be done again with this "permanent" fix. I haven't had any issues since they did the first fix so thinking about ignoring this unless it happens again? Would rather not bring it to the dealer for them to tear apart the center console again.

mike-y

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI / 2016 R
Got my second recall notice, this time telling me to contact my local vw dealer and get the repair done. Looks like they are finally rolling this out.

spelk3

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘17 BMW xDrive35i
I already had this repaired before the recall, but the dealer says that it should be done again with this "permanent" fix. I haven't had any issues since they did the first fix so thinking about ignoring this unless it happens again? Would rather not bring it to the dealer for them to tear apart the center console again.
They are adding a circuit board not changing the shifter. I had the shifter replaced and the issue returned after about a year. I’d get the recall repair done.