GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Error: Service Vehicle

meaks30

That is interesting, perhaps the additional circuit board they installed during the recall somehow circumvents the faulty shift mechanism from tripping the old sensor. What I just wrote probably makes no sense. How often were you getting the service vehicle error?

Perhaps!

Oh, I was getting it a lot. Extremely intermittent. Popped up every day, every hour I was driving it.. for almost a year. Went to VW a couple of times about the issue last year before there was a recall coming out and they couldn't do much, even after I showed screenshots of other VW owners in this forum getting their shift assemblies changed.

I got the recall middle of last year also, but just now got around to it due to my old VW dealership not having the parts to do the recall yet. I went to another dealer and was told this recall was going to fix the problem. I was doubtful. I honestly thought I needed my shift mechanism changed, but thankfully they were right. Thankful it's gone now.

Poppn

Passed Driver's Ed
Just for the record, I think I've been having this issues in my 2017 GTI. The notice pops up and goes away so quickly that I have basically no time to see it, but I know something is happening because a chiming sound comes on. I can only read the first word, and I think it says "Error". Has happened twice in the past few weeks.

Checked my VIN for recalls and saw nothing. Did a quick search and found this thread.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Just for the record, I think I've been having this issues in my 2017 GTI. The notice pops up and goes away so quickly that I have basically no time to see it, but I know something is happening because a chiming sound comes on. I can only read the first word, and I think it says "Error". Has happened twice in the past few weeks.

Checked my VIN for recalls and saw nothing. Did a quick search and found this thread.

You should probably take it in asap. When it happened to me I had the trial of Car-Net. Car-Net was able to report some kind of error occurred so that means it must be storing a code in memory the techs can pull at the dealership.

Poppn

Passed Driver's Ed
You should probably take it in asap. When it happened to me I had the trial of Car-Net. Car-Net was able to report some kind of error occurred so that means it must be storing a code in memory the techs can pull at the dealership.

I hooked up my OBD scanner to it and nothing was stored. I will definitely call up my dealership and ask some questions though. I'm coming up on my 20k mile service anyway in a few months. I bought the car new in Feb 2018 so I still have a fair amount of time under warranty.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I hooked up my OBD scanner to it and nothing was stored. I will definitely call up my dealership and ask some questions though. I'm coming up on my 20k mile service anyway in a few months. I bought the car new in Feb 2018 so I still have a fair amount of time under warranty.

I can't remember the exact code that came up on mine, something about an implausible signal. I found this from earlier in the thread.

"Service
For concerns of a Check Engine Light, Transmission Warning, or a “Put Vehicle in Park” warning in the MFI. First scan
the vehicle for faults. If the scan returns P17C5 in the ECM or B116229 in steering column electronics, inspect the gear
shifter wiring harness near or around the dash support brackets. If a wiring concern (pinched, chafing) is observed, repair
as necessary. If the harness is undamaged, replace the shifter assembly.
Warranty"

In my case they replaced the shifter assembly.

rtguy2

Passed Driver's Ed
So there is an official recall for this now. VW will begin notifying those effected in October. DSG and no push button start vehicles are the ones with the issue.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
So there is an official recall for this now. VW will begin notifying those effected in October. DSG and no push button start vehicles are the ones with the issue.

I read about the new recall last week and it sounded like the same recall that was issued last year about being able to remove the key without the car being in park. On my Golf I had both the shift assembly mechanism replaced under warranty (last year), and the recall done earlier this year regarding the accidental key removal issue so this is quite confusing.

The recall code from last year was 37L5, when I enter my Golf's VIN on the VW lookup page nothing comes up so I wonder if they just expanded it to include more vehicles.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
I just had this issue addressed for the second time on my car. This time they added the extra circuit board. Hoping it’s fixed for good.

Cooter007

Same here ... I had a picture of the error so I took it in, they checked and did not find a code but they did note it in the service records just in case it pops up again after my warranty runs out.

setterlee

Passed Driver's Ed
Any mod that can trigger the issue? In my case the signal come after install a remus catback and I don't know if the vibrations from the resonator could be related...

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk