GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ethanol content gauges/kits

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Curious, what leads you to believe this?

Cobb's other implementations aren't over bluetooth, so the $39 sensor may be reused, but the far more expensive "Fuel-IT" bluetooth dongle wouldn't be.

I've seen nothing for the mk7 platform, so may be way off; just speculation based on other platforms integration.

edit - and to not completely threadjack - there's no flex-fuel/ethanol sensor that integrates into the cars OBD/CANbus yet. That Aeroforce gauge won't be able to report ethanol content via the obd2 port.

Someone else already mentioned it but the Fuel It kit also has a standard analog output and is using a common ethanol sensor.

Dragk913

Go Kart Newbie

cr_sti

Go Kart Newbie
Someone else already mentioned it but the Fuel It kit also has a standard analog output and is using a common ethanol sensor.

Got it, makes sense thanks guys.

I'm impatiently waiting for Cobb's flex fuel capability - you all may have convinced me to buy this in preparation...

jonnyg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Luckily have have a stash of Oetiker clamps and tool :D Looks pretty OEM I doubt anyone would notice who didn't know.

Looks great! I ordered an oetiker kit with assortment and crimper , an excuse to buy more tools.

For the fuel line I ordered Gates Barricade on ebay, I got 4 ft, but I think I'll use about < 3 ft.
It's made for ethanol fuel, prob overkill for this application though. I also want to be able to go back to stock.

Did you really only use 1 ft of line?

Like you said for the quick connects, its 3/8 steel tube QC x 5/16 for the barbs.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Looks great! I ordered an oetiker kit with assortment and crimper , an excuse to buy more tools.

For the fuel line I ordered Gates Barricade on ebay, I got 4 ft, but I think I'll use about < 3 ft.
It's made for ethanol fuel, prob overkill for this application though. I also want to be able to go back to stock.

Did you really only use 1 ft of line?

Like you said for the quick connects, its 3/8 steel tube QC x 5/16 for the barbs.

This is the only section I swapped out.

1jzlive

Passed Driver's Ed
You wont be able to integrate/read ethanol percentage from OBD2 unless you have a tuner that installs/enables it like UM.

Got you thats my main issue there ,the whole intergration is what has me confused because the aeroforce would be great since it has all in one ,ill have to contact moose see if he can do it through eurodyne but i doubt it due to software :-/

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Got you thats my main issue there ,the whole intergration is what has me confused because the aeroforce would be great since it has all in one ,ill have to contact moose see if he can do it through eurodyne but i doubt it due to software :-/

Eurodyne can't do it and no one else can besides UM. UM are currently the only guys who has a FlexFuel setup currently.

1jzlive

Passed Driver's Ed
Cheapest gauge + sensor (Continental) kit I could find. 2-wire hookup (ignition power and ground) if you don't use the dimmer.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Innovate-MTX-D-Ethanol-Content-Fuel-Temp-Complete-Gauge-Kit-3904/301948569138?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It has a 5volt output to tie into an external device.

BINGO this is the one im getting thank you so much, may i ask how peppy is it ,by that i mean how fast can it determine mixture after fill up ,i knkw it detects absence of gas and not actual mixture ,but inmean if i fill up and lets say i mixed wromg would i have to drive aeound for a while so it can update? To curremt mixture?

vw671

Autocross Newbie
BINGO this is the one im getting thank you so much, may i ask how peppy is it ,by that i mean how fast can it determine mixture after fill up ,i knkw it detects absence of gas and not actual mixture ,but inmean if i fill up and lets say i mixed wromg would i have to drive aeound for a while so it can update? To curremt mixture?

couple of miles. Pretty fast.