GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ethanol content gauges/kits

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Definitely a stupid question - how does that let you return to stock easily? I would think cutting the hose would be a problem, and it looks like you did that, unless I'm missing something. To go back to stock, if you removed the sensor, isn't there just a gap in the fuel line?

In that picture the line circled is an aftermarket 5/16" ID Fuel Injection fuel line (*says made in the USA on it) not the factory line. To go back to stock I have the OEM line that isn't modified. Look at your OEM line, it has a barb mender/union from the factory where the Ethanol sensor is in this picture.

Attachments

• 20190121192126723297.jpg
    20190121192126723297.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
In that picture the line circled is an aftermarket 5/16" ID Fuel Injection fuel line (*says made in the USA on it) not the factory line. To go back to stock I have the OEM line that isn't modified.
I feel like I'm missing something, sorry to keep asking questions - how did you actually get the sensor in there? Did you have to cut the line?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I feel like I'm missing something, sorry to keep asking questions - how did you actually get the sensor in there? Did you have to cut the line?
The picture in that’s in the post above it of an OEM setup, it’s already has a clamped union section. All he did was unclamp the oem union section and unclamp the line on the hpfp nipple then replaced that 12” ish section of fuel line with the sensor and a new 10” ish section of aftermarket hose.

So now should it need to go back to stock you just unclamp the ends of the new section and replace with the oem section.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
The picture in that’s in the post above it of an OEM setup, it’s already has a clamped union section. All he did was unclamp the oem union section and unclamp the line on the hpfp nipple then replaced that 12” ish section of fuel line with the sensor and a new 10” ish section of aftermarket hose.

So now should it need to go back to stock you just unclamp the ends of the new section and replace with the oem section.
Understood. I must not have looked close enough. Thank you!

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
I snagged some Gates E rated fuel line and built my own. Even did cool overly complicated German clamps. OEM sitting on shelf ready to go with replacement German clips. Do it that way.

The Creator

Car(s)
Golf GTI SE
Does the MK7 fuel system use a fuel return line or is the fuel rail closed at one end? I'm planning on installing an innovate motorsports ecb-1 gauge. I was just looking through the install instructions and it says because of possible fuel restrictions it might be better to install the ethanol sensor on the return line. I'll actually have 2 of these sensors, the other one will be wired into the ecu for IE stage 2 true flex tune. If the MK7 has a fuel return line I would just install the sensor for the gauge on that. If the MK7 has no fuel return line, I'd have to just install both of these sensors in series. Would that cause any issues impeding the flow of fuel?