GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

simplify the is38 for me

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
He was on a stock fuel system on a E blend it sounds like. That means he was maybe making 24psi before he ran out of fuel.

A Boss600 (provided it has fuel) will make a bunch more power.

Gotcha, that's what I was thinking as well. I noticed you work with United Motorsport? Are you the guys doing the Litco Hybrid?

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
BTW: just did an is38 turbo myself on Unitronic Stage 2+ tune. Conservative tune as well. We dynoed in at 347whp/368fpt. It's more than enough for me in my opinion. I'm planning on Daily Driving, and doing light track days. I couldn't see this car needing 500whp D: It's not even going to be used unless your tracking regularly on Big Willow or Button.

cr_sti

Go Kart Newbie
This is from Quebster here on the forums.
410whp from a Boss 600? Not interested.

A single datapoint, referencing a dyno # we have no context for is useless.

A BOSS 600 running 26#'s is not representative of its potential.

The REVO may be a quality piece, no dispute here. It's just hilariously over-priced relative to its direct competition. Not to mention the flexibility an Accessport/UM/Maestro tune affords.

To each their own, but along SugarMouth, I'm not sold.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Just buy the complete turbo.

It will cost you less than buying a core, shipping it over, and paying to have it built.
Figured as much. My previous plan was to go with fcp euro to take advantage of their warranty in case the stock turbo did pop, but I'd rather not subject my block to that if I can help it.

Littco's is38x it is then.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
This thread really escalated from simplify is38 to how do we get to 400hp easily. Whoof. Personally I'd be good with a standard is38, y'all wild.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Hey I made 399whp/434wtq on a standard IS38

The Revo IS38ETR is expensive but also pretty solid. I'm looking at one 8.67s 60-130 on dragy with a Golf R DSG. I see 3 more at 8.85, 9.16, 9.52. That's not too shabby.

What fuel?

railroader

Autocross Newbie

railroader

Autocross Newbie
but on standard 93 octane? you have to have every bolton possible to make that. Or am I wrong
You wont make that power in pump gas with an is38

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Fbo is38 on pump makes what, 360whp on a custom tune? OTS is like 330? It has been so long since I looked...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Ya around 360-370

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk