GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Osram MK7 headlight housings - interested?

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
MK7RS, looks great! youre probably one of the only people stateside who has them!

thesupercarkiller

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI / Passat 3.6
MK7RS, is there as much light bleed in real life as it looks in your pics? Where did you buy them from?

Thanks
My camera is not doing the headlights true justis.. They have an amazing beam pattern and The drl are very sharp indeed.. There just sooo dam bright my camera can't seem to get the photo correct.. I will try to get better photos soon.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

thesupercarkiller

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI / Passat 3.6
Finally got a money shot of the DRL at the house this evening.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
They are available for pre-order here... https://auto-parts-europe.com/en/55-osram-ledriving-vw-golf-7

Showing available 1/21/2019... I would assume that means ready to ship around that date. Comes out to $1,035 with UPS standard shipping to Los Angeles.

They also have the install instructions available for download, pictures only (think ikea) but it looks like any other headlight install. I like everything about them except the wire going to the battery. I assume the amp draw of the LEDs exceeds what the factory harness can provide but I'm not keen on adding any un-fused wiring under the hood.

A fuse is easy enough to add if amp draw specs are available. But then they don't fit my (possibly narrow) definition of plug and play. I have run wiring into the fuse box (for my sub install) to keep everything looking factory but I'm not sure the effort to run wires to both front corners is worth it.

I think the single angle straight-line DRLs on the Osrams look better than the MK7.5 style but not sure if that's worth almost double the price. I'm leaning back towards the Mk7.5 lights. Fully plug and play (as I understand it), but sold out too, haha.

Milk242

Car(s)
GTI, M3, Model 3, R6
Anyone know if they make one compatible with the Lighting package? I just emailed them but was hoping to get a faster response here.