GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Am I Rice If ...?

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
Alright, update on the rice quarter panel wrap mod as promised. Chris at East Coast Auto Styling threw on the matte red on one rear quarter panel. Although he did a great job with the install, the color was wayyy too orange! We suspected this before the install but the lighting was a little weird and it was way more obvious afterwards. Took it off right away and we will be looking at a clear matte paint protection film as an option for the subtle effect I'm looking for. I believe someone mentioned this earlier, should tried it out first!

Here is 3M's "matte red". Pretty awful imo, how is this even considered red? Are they blind? The picture doesn't even do it justice, it was legit orange.

Matching reds is crazy hard, there's so many colors that make up each brands trademark red. I remember owning a red 240sx with a repainted rear quarter that almost matched perfectly in some lighting but then looked more purple in another. It always bothered me lol

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Lol he is just being cautious having a spare ready to go!

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
I stole that pic from Reddit LOL but Bay Area CA like my profile says. I don’t even take pics of 1/10th of the rice cars I see, only if I’m that bored haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

That car wouldnt nearly be as rice if it ditched the wing/red tint and got some thicker tires. would bring it from 8/10 rice to maybe 4/10

WHATEVER MAKES THEM HAPPY THO lol.

I just hope no one starts ricing up the mk7s a lot, wouldnt want a reputation of mk7s being rice. Thats what happened to civics, no matter how tasteful the mods you throw on an old civic, majority will see it as rice because of the rep. heck ill even bet some will call a stock civic rice.