GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Regret not buying Performance Pack?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Glad i got it for the diff and brakes, the extra power doesnt matter all that much to me due to the abundance of tuning options and relative cheapness of piggybacks

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Some of you saying PP isn't necessary, to some that may be true. However neither is a GTI for that matter. For those that wouldn't use the PP features probably don't use the "GTI" performance features and would have been just fine or better off in a standard golf.

EXEA189

Ready to race!
Some of you saying PP isn't necessary, to some that may be true. However neither is a GTI for that matter. For those that wouldn't use the PP features probably don't use the "GTI" performance features and would have been just fine or better off in a standard golf.

I like this, and agree!;)

Qwerty978

Ready to race!

I went with a 2016 GTI 6M 2DR. As basic as it gets, and have no regrets.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion

I went with a 2016 GTI 6M 2DR. As basic as it gets, and have no regrets.
Car looks epic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

SlyGtiGuy

Unless you can install the LSD yourself, buying a mechanical LSD and having it installed costs more then the PP.

Has anyone actually done any research about the VAQ being worse then a mechanical LSD? From a technological point of view that's like saying a carb is better then fuel injection, which it can be depending on the application but those are few and far between. Also not sure why people are hating on the R brakes that come with the PP. The rear brakes are the same size as the fronts on my old 98 A4.

Edit. If you have a base model you should definitely look into getting a wavetrac lsd and read the article linked below :)

It MAY cost more but that depends entirely on your shop pricing the wavetrac is $1000. And there was a really good article and thread actually done on the comparison of the PP LSD vs the Wavetrac link - http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34132

TheJokker

Go Kart Newbie
There differently is a difference in personality and taste between those who think the LP is more important than the PP and vice versa. The car scene has always had the show car and the race car elements. Style and go.

The LP is very cool and all but it adds nada in how the car drives. The brakes and differential make a huge difference in lap times and the brakes will mean the difference between a wreck and not for at least one GTI driver going to work or coming home.

Show or Go; both are equally valid perspectives. I love stunningly beautiful cars but my money went towards the PP and the money I saved not getting the LP is going towards new tires and Endless brake pads...

ODD

Passed Driver's Ed
I haven't noticed much mention of the fact that the sport also comes with the keyless ignition. It sounds like a trivial thing, but having to pull keys out of my pocket every time irritates the heck out of me. I like keeping the fob in my wallet which prevents me from every leaving one without the other.

The upgraded headlights are a huge benefit to me. I typically don't much enjoy driving at night anymore, but these lights are so good I don't mind now.

My previous turbo front wheel drive car did not have an LSD. It was pointless to add more power because it couldn't hook up with what power it had stock. This LSD is amazing, though! Almost no traction problems at all. This was the main reason I went for the Sport.

And I really like the wheels. So much so that I doubt I'll change them, which is a rarity for me.

The 10 hp increase is probably not noticeable, nor are the bigger brakes, but I certainly don't mind them being there.

The Sport package had everything I actually want or at least like. And in the states, it's the only wall you could get a '17 with the PP and plaid cloth seats, which I certainly prefer here in Arizona. Going up to the SE adds features I would prefer not to have, such as the leather seats.

And for '18, the the Sport trim level is gone, so the only way to get those extra features is go for the SE, which at that point, I would probably go for the base S at that point.

So for me, the Sport is an absolute win all around. It's the Goldilocks trim level. I think VW marketers screwed themselves by offering such a desirable package priced toward the bottom of their trim hierarchy. But I'll certainly benefit from it! That's probably why they got rid of it for '18.

And not to mention, you can pick up those '17's really quite cheap right now. Unless you really want the LED lights of the '18 and the slightly nicer bumper, I would recommend new buyers seriously consider picking up a deal on a '17 Sport.

Wetelvis

Ready to race!
Everyone with differing opinions! How many actually have a significant amount in seat time in the opposing vehicle to give a real honest educated opinion?
Not trying to stir the pot ? Just when I purchased my Autobahn the significant factor for me was the sunroof so all the other stuff came with it and couldn’t confidently say one way or the other...

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
I wouldn't get a GTI without it. Brakes are amazing, LSD is wonderful. I'd more or less get it for the brakes alone. Lighting package is also top notch, which mine has. First car I've had that I have no desire to upgrade anything on (except a stage 1 tune, tires, wheels).

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
The performance brakes and LSD are two of the main reasons I took interest in the GTI in the first place. Very few cars in this class or price range have those features, so they really make the GTI stand out. I'm waiting for an '18 Autobahn. Reasons for wanting an Autobahn: dynamic chassis control, adaptive cruise control, high beam control, dual zone climate control, auto-dimming rearview mirror, Fender audio, 12-way power-adjustable driver seat with power lumbar. The GTI Autobahn is truly the ultimate balance of performance and luxury.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
If only they could delete/fix the creaky/leaky sunroof.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Yeah absolutely, the 10 hp bump isn't massive but it's nice. The LSD and the big brakes are what sold it for me.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
On my 2nd MK7, neither of which had PP. I've also never even test driven a PP-equipped GTI so, while I may not know what I'm missing, I regret not getting a PP car this time around.