GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

DucMike

Car(s)
R32 -> Mk6 GTI
do it! I did mine, and to be honest, there was maybe only a day or so where i didn't have a fully functioning stereo in car. Hell, the usb port wiring in the back was the most difficult part of the swap. Everything else just drops in place and then it's all programming.
Did Jack do the tweaking on yours or someone else? I've been having no luck in contacting him for a consult & given that I have an upcoming roadtrip in a week or so...

teemmy

Ready to race!
I lost my sport mode function with this retrofit. My screen no longer has the sport mode screen and when I press the mode button, the orange light flashes and turns off. I was reading the thread earlier and a few people mentioned the adaptation to enable charisma through obd eleven, but I was unable to locate the function. any thoughts or ideas?

I have a 15 S with lighting package, non-nav

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I lost my sport mode function with this retrofit. My screen no longer has the sport mode screen and when I press the mode button, the orange light flashes and turns off. I was reading the thread earlier and a few people mentioned the adaptation to enable charisma through obd eleven, but I was unable to locate the function. any thoughts or ideas?

I have a 15 S with lighting package, non-nav

You need the Driving Modes FeC re-enabling.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
No the FeC is enabled, you just have to turn Charisma back on. It happened to me too.

I'll try and look through OBDeleven and see where it is. It's somewhere on the Gateway.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
I can't seem to find the setting for Charisma, but check byte 08 in long coding for the Gateway, compare what you have to mine.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Ok I think I was wrong above. Double check that coding anyway, but the Charisma settings are actually found in 5f.

Go to Adaptations and select "Car_function_adaptations_gen2" and compare your settings with mine. I can almost guarantee that will fix it.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Thanks for the help, I'll give it a try and see if i can find it or if it works
No problem man. I think you asked me about it a while back but I couldn't remember where the fix was. Let me know if it works or not I am curious now too haha

teemmy

Ready to race!
Heyy, found charisma and enabled it but nothing has changed. I wasn’t able to find the long coding that you mentioned in gateway.

I wonder if i lost the driving mode because my MIBII was pulled from a golf or wagon. I have this “think blue trainer” under my “selection” in my car menu.

My “mode” button by the stick shift just lights up when i press it and turns off when i let go.

Any other thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Heyy, found charisma and enabled it but nothing has changed. I wasn’t able to find the long coding that you mentioned in gateway.

I wonder if i lost the driving mode because my MIBII was pulled from a golf or wagon. I have this “think blue trainer” under my “selection” in my car menu.

My “mode” button by the stick shift just lights up when i press it and turns off when i let go.

Any other thoughts?

No you are having the exact same symptoms I had.

Did you check each of the Charisma Adaptations that I circled in red?

Are you using OBDeleven or VCDS?

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
I activated both the menu display charisma and the threshold one.

I'll try again in the morning!
Ok also try one more thing...

In 5f go back to Adaptations but this time select "Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2"

Then look for "charisma_0x17" and change it to activated .

SargeMKVI

Semper Fi!
Car(s)
2010 GTI
Ok gents update on my Discover Pro retro... This is only for the MIB2 not MIB3 from the refresh mk7.5.

There is an issue with random restarts. This is happening even on the non retrofit radios.

If you get one of these, and your car is equipped with Car-Net services.. Do not connect the blue satellite cable from the dash. It will freeze the on board nav, and restart the radio. When it comes back on, all settings will be gone. Make sure you get a stand alone GPS antenna like the one I will link below. They are very reasonable in price.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y52QNT2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, I found out that if you have an MIB1 Fender amp, you can enable that amp using OBD11 if you go to module 47, and change the option from Fender to Dynaudio. All functions work 100% even the equalizer. I think it may even sound better. More to come.

teemmy

Ready to race!
Ok also try one more thing...

In 5f go back to Adaptations but this time select "Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2"

Then look for "charisma_0x17" and change it to activated .

Just tried this out and it seems like it works partially!

The steering is definitely heavier like sport mode, but my “mode” button doesn’t toggle it on or off. It still just lights up when i press it and then turns off again. I guess I’ll just have to use obd eleven to turn it on or off [emoji23]