GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who got their Clubsport S muffler? Raise you hand!

Who go their CSS mufflers, who didn't?

• Total voters

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Just ordered mine from Cars245

This will be like the 5th exhaust setup for me. I guess I am picky, or I just get bored easy :confused:

• Magnaflow catback (OEM DP)
  • AWE Track (OEM DP)
  • APR downpipe to AWE touring
  • AWE Touring, OEM DP(current)

I have a feeling this is going to be the 1!

What are your thoughts on each one? What are you looking to achieve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kDizz781

Ready to race!
What are your thoughts on each one? What are you looking to achieve?

I actually reviewed them all here...
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37956

- The magnaflow sounded good, but it just wasn't enough.
- AWE track was great.
- Got the DP so I switched to AWE touring
- Got rid of the DP, kept it AWE touring catback. (too quiet, almost stock) This is my current setup.

I got rid of the downpipe because I didn't want to tune the car, and I changed my mind about running a DP without a tune.

Looking for growl without rice sound

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I’ve heard people go from AWE track to CSS and are happy with it. Not sure I would describe it as having a growl. Honestly wish the CSS had a lower note. The first time I heard someone else drive my car, the sound kinda reminded me of a small motorcycle. However, for the price, ease of install, and improved sound it’s worth it.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Just ordered mine from Cars245

This will be like the 5th exhaust setup for me. I guess I am picky, or I just get bored easy :confused:
  • Magnaflow catback (OEM DP)
  • AWE Track (OEM DP)
  • APR downpipe to AWE touring
  • AWE Touring, OEM DP(current)

I have a feeling this is going to be the 1!
Hmmm place your bets on what he'll do after the Clubsport S ! :D

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Just ordered a CSS the other night. Currently running a Eurocode catted DP with a Vibrant 17930 resonator swapped in place of the OE one. So, the wait begins. :)

Torqued

Passed Driver's Ed
How long does shipping typically take from cars245? Thanks.

Last edited:

richieg888

If you're just upgrading the muffler and your downpipe is stock, it's not that much louder from inside the cabin. Noticeable difference and much better but you won't get any drones.

If you have an upgraded downpipe and are pairing it with the Clubsport S muffler... different story. You'd need to swap out the stock resonator to kill drone at cruising speeds. It'll still be loud but not below 3k RPM.

I've gone through a few different setups with the Clubsport S muffler lol. Stock DP+CSS Muffler, Aftermarket DP+CSS Muffler, Aftermarket DP+Stock Muffler, and finally... Aftermarket DP+Aftermarket Resonator+ CSS Muffler.

@Derushi Sounds interesting :) Do you mind sharing your secret sauce for your aftermraket dp and aftermarket resonator? Any videos or sound clips ?

Cheers!

Predatorbird

Ready to race!
I'm so tempted to order this muffler, but I will 100% be getting a catted DP and the reviews say it's not a good combo. Please post videos if you have this muffler with a DP.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
@Derushi Sounds interesting :) Do you mind sharing your secret sauce for your aftermraket dp and aftermarket resonator? Any videos or sound clips ?

Cheers!

Search for GTI Jake's threads on exhausts and resonators if you're looking for the secret sauce

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
I have 2 in-cabin video when I was doing some acceleration testing. Audio isn't that great (just used my phone) and windows were open so wind noise is pretty bad...

I have a cold start video too so maybe I'll upload that later.

https://streamable.com/uek54

https://streamable.com/s8973

Cheers!

No secret sauce. Just replaced the stock resonator with a better one. I used the APR optional muffler for convenience, most others used a Vibrant Resonator (17930 I think?). Helps with the drone and quiets it down below 3k.

I have a Catted/Resonated Downpipe, APR optional muffler (replacing the resonator), and the Clubsport S Muffler.

I'm so tempted to order this muffler, but I will 100% be getting a catted DP and the reviews say it's not a good combo. Please post videos if you have this muffler with a DP.