Tough guy or waver?

• Tough Guy

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Waver

Votes: 220 78.9%

• Total voters

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I had a silver Mk6 GTI come up behind me at a light this afternoon. I put up a peace sign and got one back. That was cool. Intergenerational acknowledgement ftw.

paulgarnett6

Ready to race!
When I was on my bike, well a nod of the head anyway,I guess if I drove a mint mk1 or 2 or even 3 gti and seen another I'd acknowledge them but mk7 a very popular in uk especially gtd they arnt really enthusiasts I've never seen anther gti pp like mine though as you can't get my spec in uk 19inch Santiago with pano roof and it doesn't have that radar in grill.i see gtd' s every where I go probably because they are so good

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
I wave or throw up be peace sign. Most douchebags around here are too thought to smile or do the same back.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Gave a mk6 GTI a peace sign & thumbs up on my way home tonight. He and his passenger returned a thumbs up and the driver gave me a thumbs up too. :cool:

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
A guy in a nicely modded reflex silver MK7 gave me the thumbs up when i honked the other day

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
It may sound dumb but I really dislike non LP GTI's. I can't imagine why anyone would ever buy one without that option. It takes the car from some shitty economy car to a decently nice looking European hatchback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This in particular comes up every so often and and if you put
Some effort into it you should be able to understand that there are many reasons for it, budget , availability, don't give a crap, etc... for some reason people have a hard time with this. My reason umm when I purchased my MK7 unless you ordered the car availability back then was minimal on LP equipped cars on dealer lots, I didn't give s**t because there were aftermarket options available and bought the car for 21k for a plain Jane GTI that I liked very much this is when people were paying up to 35k for almost the same car.
Anyways I'm a waiver if I can see it on time [emoji4]getting old is a bitch

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
Never really knew there were Vdub wavers. Always always waved with the Jeep, never once received a VW wave though. Might have to start it back up again and make it a thing around here, lots of nice GTIS and Rs in my area.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Well, yesterday was a good day. Heading down 422E to 271N/Cleveland I rolled with a Carbon Grey Mk6, I was cruising doing 85, he came flying up and waved right away, and off we went. We took it up to about 115-120 side by side. Switched back and forth a few times, waved again. Then when we parted we simultaneously gave thumbs up, he was a waver. First time anyone has tried to have that much fun with me on the freeway, very refreshing.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
That's because of your ricey exhaust. [emoji14] (You should remove it posthaste. I'll make the trip to assist with disposal...because I care.)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Lol, TROLL!!! If my exhaust is ricey, then that Si I was behind yesterday was the whole f#%king rice patty. Save the fuel my friend lol.

MEM GTI

Ready to race!
I was with my wife driving to Costco yesterday and guy in a blue mk6 was opposite me at a 4 way stop. We both flashed the peace sign at about the same time... my wife was so embarrassed/shocked, I couldn't help but think of this thread! As fate would have it, as we got out of the store to drive down the road to Target, same guy was going the other way, so we flashed it again! The situation was pure gold!

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I was with my wife driving to Costco yesterday and guy in a blue mk6 was opposite me at a 4 way stop. We both flashed the peace sign at about the same time... my wife was so embarrassed/shocked, I couldn't help but think of this thread! As fate would have it, as we got out of the store to drive down the road to Target, same guy was going the other way, so we flashed it again! The situation was pure gold!
That's how dubbers roll :D

5280 TDI

Pulled up to a twin at a stop sign queue on my commute last week and the driver saw me coming and waved. I waved back and game him a thumbs up. Maybe he didn't notice I don't have the LP ;)

kdub808

Ready to race!
I waved to a guy this morning. We were both stopped at a light only feet from each other, he was looking directly at me when I waved. He did NOT wave back.

Fvck that guy.

You are DEAD to me sir!