GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

Mydixadryl

Ready to race!
Remember though when "copying" map 1 or 2 you need to log, find those additive targets (or absolute boost request) and then manually enter those into map 6. Even if you come from map 1 the values in map 6 are the defaults for map 6 (not the map 1 settings you just used).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
It might be a fun project to write a script that would scrape a log file and output suggested Map6 boost targets based on that. It's probably trivial to do this manually but I'll need something to do in my programming class.

phobos512

Ready to race!
It might be a fun project to write a script that would scrape a log file and output suggested Map6 boost targets based on that. It's probably trivial to do this manually but I'll need something to do in my programming class.

Almost seems like this is something that could be integrated into an update for the JB4 computer software/app to assist in tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Or the auto-tune map will probably do this too. Not familiar with how it works, but most likely does exactly this :)

Mydixadryl

Ready to race!
I figured as much. I've never had an original idea in my life.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Haha nah, BMS is just one step ahead of us all!

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Or the auto-tune map will probably do this too. Not familiar with how it works, but most likely does exactly this :)

I had auto tune on my motorcycle (auto adjustments based off O2 readings on AFR....in sure BMS on this platform will be more complex though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
PCV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nathan16mk7R

You mean something like this?

Hey all, ever since I got the JB4 and started recording logs I was itching for a way to analyze them side by side and figure out how to make maximize power in map 6. I wrote up some macros in excel to import CSV logs and analyze them for some parameters George has mentioned we need to watch. It will show those parameters on the summary sheet and it will highlight things to look out for. You can import as many logs as you want and view them side by side. I also have explanations of each parameter and a quote from George about them.

I recommend making one workbook for each map 6 profile you get logs for. Right now you can't compare logs with different profiles. Just use the "import logs" button at the top left. You can also clear all the imported logs.

KEEP IN MIND THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS. I am open to any and all suggestions. I just threw this together in a few hours. Let me know what you guys think!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5stwyn6z0v83ub/JB4LogsSummary.xlsm?dl=1

This is my first time using a public dropbox folder. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Last edited:

Mydixadryl

Ready to race!
You mean something like this?

Hey all, ever since I got the JB4 and started recording logs I was itching for a way to analyze them side by side and figure out how to make maximize power in map 6. I wrote up some macros in excel to import CSV logs and analyze them for some parameters George has mentioned we need to watch. It will show those parameters on the summary sheet and it will highlight things to look out for. You can import as many logs as you want and view them side by side. I also have explanations of each parameter and a quote from George about them.

I recommend making one workbook for each map 6 profile you get logs for. Right now you can't compare logs with different profiles. Just use the "import logs" button at the top left. You can also clear all the imported logs.

KEEP IN MIND THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS. I am open to any and all suggestions. I just threw this together in a few hours. Let me know what you guys think!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35305025/JB4LogsSummary.xlsm

This is my first time using a public dropbox folder. Let me know if it doesn't work.

This. ^

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
This is how it all started in the BMW forum. Because of that, we now have the JB4 app and Bluetooth adapter. Nice work. Guys can say what they want about the JB4 vs. flash tune, Cobb, etc. but this is what makes it better than them all. That and George!

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
@nathan : MAD respect for you. I wish I had those skills, but its people like you that make forums and communities great for the rest of us. Thank you for providing us with this, and for posting it for all to see.

Going to start using this the moment I get my JB4.

tsigeoff

Passed Driver's Ed
this is definitely cool, but trying to understand it is difficult. There are so many variables that can effect your boost and other things. I can run map 2 today and get no timing pull then run it next week where the temperature is slightly different and show some pull. You are a genius for sure, but this would help find a good safe map opposed to an all out, max power map.