GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
Hi all.

Just picked up a nice used APR catted downpipe and planning to install it this weekend and play with some tuning.

Anyone have some suggestions on base setup to start with.

2015 GTI, 6mt, k&n, fresh RS7 plugs.

By the way, I’m loving the BT and app much nicer than using a laptop.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of gas are you running?

digimotors

Curious if it’s just my imagination but it seems that every time I switch to map 0 my idle is a bit smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hockey

Ready to race!
I currently have the JB1 and I use it on the default settings. I also don't plan to change any of the settings. Would it be worth it for me to upgrade to JB4?

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
I currently have the JB1 and I use it on the default settings. I also don't plan to change any of the settings. Would it be worth it for me to upgrade to JB4?

Depends on your plans with the car. The JB1 is plug it and forget it.

The JB4 can be customized to different settings. You can also log and monitor A/F, Boost, Timing Ing* within other parameters.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Depends on your plans with the car. The JB1 is plug it and forget it.

The JB4 can be customized to different settings. You can also log and monitor A/F, Boost, Timing Ing* within other parameters.

I'm still considering both... the dynos I've seen with just the jb1 vs jb4 don't look much different. I could've missed something though I guess.

I don't care to log and do all that stuff either, so I'm leaning to jb1

Hockey

Ready to race!
I'm more than happy with what I'm getting out of the JB1 on default settings, I just keep hearing JB4 runs smoother which has me considering an upgrade.

mat3jko

Is such a decrease in fuel economy normal with JB4? I would say that I'm getting at least around 5mpg less under normal driving conditions, 80mph with cruise control on motorway for example...

mat3jko

JB4 adds boost based on pedal input, if i'm correct, right? I have tweaked pedal response enabled via VCDS, so that pedal is more responsive from the start, similar to what pedal box does. Was thinking that maybe this could interfere somehow with JB4, but that shouldn't affect cruise control probably.