GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
There are two service reminds for the car, oil change, and oil change with inspection. You can only reset the oil change message through the cluster and not the inspection one... I think. I swore I remember reading that you just hold the odo reset and press the ignition in a different order or something. I usually just use VCDS to reset both at the same time. Currently being told 7 day until inspection is due because I've been lazy.

Ah that would make sense. I did see 2 messages first as I fiddled with it. It removed both but the last one 59 days must of been like oil with inspection. Im sure my guy will turn the off in march when my inspection is due. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I used an additive in my engine oil that needed to be poured in with the engine running. I figured that oil would be spitting out when I removed the oil filler cap to pour the additive in. To my surprise with the oil filler cap off the engine was sucking air into the oil fill hole. A week later I installed an oil catch can that included the adapter plate that that bypasses the PCV valve. I had another additive to add with the engine running again and this time oil was spitting out like I expected it to the first time. Does anyone know why the oil was spitting out when it didn't the first time? Did the oil catch can bypass plate cause this?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Good to know. My phone forces me straight into Tapatalk if I try to open any forums from the web. Even before I got the app it would force me to the app download page and even requesting desktop wouldn't make it stop so I just caved and got the app haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Never seen this. On my phone now. You miss tons of info on tapatalk.

jmsanders

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey so I recently got a roof rack for my 4 door tsi. It rained heavily the other day and when I was leaving work to get in my front passenger seat was soaked.

Has anybody else experienceed this? I did some searches but came up dry. Let me know if there are any solutions?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gokumaryu76

Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Hello, new Golf R (17) owner since 11/15/18. I would like to ask a random/stupid question. I decided to replace the headlight (D3S) bulbs to OSRAM 6000K. The original set was OSRAM 4650k. I took off the bumper (following from posted videos), but noticed a few things that required an answer.

- What purpose does the inner led light serve? I thought it was for the high beam
- Can the inner led light be replaced for something brighter? Can the brightness be altered with VCDS? It looks to be a pain in the ass to remove
- What purpose does the amber reflector serve if there are no wires/light hooked to it?
- Has there been a viable aftermarket solution for front fog light on the Golf R? I can only think to place in the front center grill area

Attachments

• HeadlightR2.jpg
    HeadlightR2.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 523

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I'm about to pick up a new 18 GTI S manual with $4K off, it has 300 miles on it. Would that bother you? this is a manual, that's my concern.
I'd just be wondering where those miles came from. Can't imagine they'd all be from test drives (salesman told me they get more ppl coming in to test drive the DSG).

Might want to use that price to negotiate with other dealers who have the same spec with less miles. Or you can try to negotiate that one even lower due to the miles already on it.

Check the Post Your Deal thread here to see what others got for theirs.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

david9962000

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I'd just be wondering where those miles came from. Can't imagine they'd all be from test drives (salesman told me they get more ppl coming in to test drive the DSG).

Might want to use that price to negotiate with other dealers who have the same spec with less miles. Or you can try to negotiate that one even lower due to the miles already on it.

Check the Post Your Deal thread here to see what others got for theirs.

Thank you, I'm on the edge of a 19 (performance pack) but the 19's are $3K more!

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Thank you, I'm on the edge of a 19 (performance pack) but the 19's are $3K more!
I would gladly pay 3k more for a 2019 with PP. :)

Personally, I'd pay more just for the lighting package. That was what made me go for the 2017 Sport (LP + PP) over the base S. You can get aftermarket reps, but I love the tech of the OEM LP.