GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Eibach Pro Kit

TronixMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Got some refurbished Bristols in the mail...well three of them. The fourth didn’t quite make it to the truck on time. Either way, should be installed sometime this week.

Attachments

• 9430C8B8-D496-4968-8F94-C1F2C4F2C2FF.jpeg
    9430C8B8-D496-4968-8F94-C1F2C4F2C2FF.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 600

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
EBC Red Stuff

Yeah, you don't want those.

I put a full EBC setup on my TDI for a road trip through the blue ridge parkway to Myrtle Beach during the unseasonably warm February of 2017.

Did the full new install break in procedure over the course of a few weeks before the trip for the ~500kms that they recommend. Honestly, it was done flawlessly. They were borked by the time I got home. The total mileage that I got was 5000kms or 3100 miles.

I hope you can return them.

In terms of how hard I beat up on the brakes, I did go exactly as fast as you would imagine I was willing with my 8 month old in the car and 70 lbs or so on the roof. Definitely not talking 10/10ths here, or anything. Probably around 70% with spats of 80% or so. Man... what a drive, though. Used every bit of torque coming out of some corners.

I am 100% doing it again if we have another very warm winter in the future.

Last edited:

gulpozen

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Golf TSI
Some badgeskins: black TSI lettering, gloss black tail light eyelids.
Also tinted the rear reflectors with some tint from Amazon.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Got some refurbished Bristols in the mail...well three of them. The fourth didn’t quite make it to the truck on time. Either way, should be installed sometime this week.

Where did you buy them from?

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Hmmmmmm.....eyed this. Need thoughts after installed

They work good, I bought Spoon Rigid Collars for my MKV R32 and then Tyrol and others came out with their own kit.

Stiffens up the front chassis making it more rigid which you can feel through the steering wheel.

I’ll post feedback on the MK7 platform when I install in early October.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Got my power folding mirrors in from Aliexpress. They look great, however the mirror switch was not in the box :(

Obviously I won't be able to lower them via the switch, but will everything else still function? I really only want them to fold when locked, and was hoping to install them this weekend. I messaged the seller but haven't heard back yet, and will take a few weeks minimum to mail anyway.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Got my power folding mirrors in from Aliexpress. They look great, however the mirror switch was not in the box :(

Obviously I won't be able to lower them via the switch, but will everything else still function? I really only want them to fold when locked, and was hoping to install them this weekend. I messaged the seller but haven't heard back yet, and will take a few weeks minimum to mail anyway.

I’m pretty sure you can do what you want without the switch. I’ve rarely used the switch to fold mine. Just let It do so on lock / unlock.

Did you buy a few spare door panel clips? You will likely break a few.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Moogs RSB endlinks. $40 shipped. RSB should be here any day now.

Make sure you check to see if they move freely before you install. Got a defective one that was seized up.