GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!
thanks for the fast response. My main issue isn't the volume but rather the drone, so this sounds promising. Also, out of curiosity, do you have an extra hanger welded in for the muffler? I keep getting that AWE muffler sag LOL. I have been contemplating welding in an extra hanger.

No problem!

I do not have an extra hangar for that section; it is not needed.

Easy fix for that: Loosen the clamps on either end of that section just enough to allow the ends to rotate within the sleeves. Push the muffler up until it lightly touches the bottom of the car and then tighten the first clamp (this is easier when you can do it one handed with an impact gun). While still supporting he muffler transfer to the back of the section and tighten the clamp. The weight of the muffler will pull the exhaust down slightly from the bottom of the car and the sag will be gone.

Mine did the same thing before I went under and did that. The muffler must be fully supported and even held "above level" while tightening so the weight can bring it back down to where it needs to be.

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
Received my BFI weighted shift knob.
Air Leather Black/ Magma Red

Feels nice and the weight feels right. Cannot wait to install on off day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
BFI knob and Audi S3 short shifter. Should I get 42DD, Torque Solution bushings or stay stock?

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
BFI knob and Audi S3 short shifter. Should I get 42DD, Torque Solution bushings or stay stock?

Get the bushings. It makes a difference.

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Hello,

Why not just extend to the street to make it 2 full lanes? Also, look at all that space for a second garage. just sayin :)

We considered it, but we were working on a tight timeline (got a great deal for having the work done the week of Christmas) and didn't want to deal with or wait on the city permits, especially over the holidays.

The apron area belongs to the city, so we cannot touch it without a permit. Also, a new apron adds considerable cost to the project due to the requirement to replace about 10 feet of city curb and it prevents us from using the driveway for 10 days or more. We not ready for that yet, but will probably tackle it when we replace the existing driveway in the summer.

Scott

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
Finally got coilovers. I had the same brand/model on my old FR-S, and loved them for the daily commute and weekend mountain blast! Easy on the wallet too.

I Can't wait to install them! Wheel gap must go!

Attachments

• 20190114_170906-1280x960.jpg
    20190114_170906-1280x960.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 641
  • 20180707_204925-1280x720.jpg
    20180707_204925-1280x720.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 644

zech912

Ready to race!
my first and hopefully only mod until distant future (tires and Ohlins), upgrading the tunes, Focal and Helix:

Attachments

• 3568C07A-A79E-43B6-80BE-F24FC6FE90A6.jpeg
    3568C07A-A79E-43B6-80BE-F24FC6FE90A6.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 568
Last edited:

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Fast FC04 17x8 et45 5x112 57.1 CB wheels. Will be test fitting this weekend then off to Costco where 235/45R17 PS4S are waiting.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Fast FC04 17x8 et45 5x112 57.1 CB wheels. Will be test fitting this weekend then off to Costco where 235/45R17 PS4S are waiting.
Those look great, I was considering those for my lightweight winter setup. Do you happen to know what the wheels weigh?

Last edited: