GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Fast FC04 17x8 et45 5x112 57.1 CB wheels. Will be test fitting this weekend then off to Costco where 235/45R17 PS4S are waiting.

How has your experience with Costco been for mounting tires?

bigdave79

Ready to race!
BFI knob and Audi S3 short shifter. Should I get 42DD, Torque Solution bushings or stay stock?

Bushings make a world of difference. I initially had torque solutions and they were great. Upgraded to 42 DD (because I got an OEM metal relay lever) and they are a bit better in my opinion. You're only going to do it once so just go for 42DD. Shifter alignment is key once you change these out. Look at the dieselgeek YouTube videos and make sure you get the right pin tool or nail.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Those look great, I was considering those for my lightweight winter setup. Do you happen to know what the wheels weigh?

How has your experience with Costco been for mounting tires?

They measured 16lb 5.2oz on my mail scale.

I've honestly never used Costco for tires before. Have always been able to get better deals through eBay or online, then have them mounted at Discount Tire. These PS4S came withy a $70 insta rebate and $250 Costco Cash Card IIRC so I had to bite. We'll see how it goes. They said no problem mounting and balancing the rubber without putting it on the car, since I won't be putting these on till the last freeze in March or so.

Vobs56

Ready to race!
Touareg tips to be installed on my Clubsport S exhaust!

Vobs56

Ready to race!
Nice !

Are they expensive ?
How do you manage the cutouts in the rear valance ?

how..??

can't wait to see pics of this

I actually swapped out the oem valance with an aftermarket carbon fiber rear diffuser that fits the width of the tips. ECS sells the tips for $547/pair but I was able to grab a set for $240. I will take pics once everything is completed.

Last edited:

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
Aerofabb spoiler Extension

my autocorrect is a ducking duck

tigeo

Autocross Champion
BFI "perfect fit" spacer kit. 8mm front 15mm rear plus correct size bolts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

neildorrel

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit DSG
BFI Golf Ball shift knob. This is seriously worth it! Great weighting. The knob is slightly smaller and just feels right in the hand, and the narrow base is so preferable to the cheap and odd plastic "dual column" stock design.

/Users/neildorrel/Desktop/IMG_0565.jpg

Poppn

Passed Driver's Ed
BFI "perfect fit" spacer kit. 8mm front 15mm rear plus correct size bolts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Let me know how the install goes. I have this same kit and the rear 15mm spacers would not sit flush against the hub, they made contact with the hub dust cap before sitting flush against the hub.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Let me know how the install goes. I have this same kit and the rear 15mm spacers would not sit flush against the hub, they made contact with the hub dust cap before sitting flush against the hub.

I keep reading about that, I didn't notice it and honestly, I don't think I have a dust cap...just the end of the hub is open with a nut in it. Install was super easy, no drama. Just made sure I was super anal about torqueing them down. Seems to be fine on the highway/no vibes beyond what it already had :)