GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R vs Gti

GTITX1

Ready to race!
This thread is ridiculous. The R and GTI are in completely different leagues. also I don't think the R ever does 100 % to the front. Normal split is 80/20 or something like that. If I put my front wheels on pavement and the rears on gravel and pull out slowly the rears will slip for a moment...showing this isn't just a sometimes rear wheel powered car.

DAS_STIG

Banned
This thread is ridiculous. The R and GTI are in completely different leagues. also I don't think the R ever does 100 % to the front. Normal split is 80/20 or something like that. If I put my front wheels on pavement and the rears on gravel and pull out slowly the rears will slip for a moment...showing this isn't just a sometimes rear wheel powered car.

r is 100% to front until slip is detected.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R

kidbs

Passed Driver's Ed
Lol this is why I got an R. Warrantied power.

Yet you say in your sig that you're planning on a tune. There goes your "warrantied power" statement out the window.

Anyway, I spent $700 on an APR tune which gives me the same power as an R and I saved about $9k. Sure it's missing AWD but I don't need it and certainly couldn't justify the price difference.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Yet you say in your sig that you're planning on a tune. There goes your "warrantied power" statement out the window.

Anyway, I spent $700 on an APR tune which gives me the same power as an R and I saved about $9k. Sure it's missing AWD but I don't need it and certainly couldn't justify the price difference.

The same power but delivered much differently through a smaller torque curve. That generally means it won't be as powerful in real world driving. But that's neither here nor there. They are both great cars.

Both cars are slow in stock form,

This thread is silly.

Column a is wagging their dick about how awesome their r cars are

Column b is wagging their dick about how smart they are for saving 10k

Both are right, and their penises are touching tips.

Meanwhile my dumb ass is wondering what set of keys to grab.

I wouldn't consider 4.9 seconds to 60mph slow. Wasn't long ago when that was supercar territory. :)

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Agree to disagree

9 years ago smartphones were bricks made by palm and whoever else.

Now i use my palm when grindr finds me a hot date off the doodad on my wrist.

Or for another example accords have what 300ish hp now? Not too long ago that was supercar territory.

The bar moves up not down.

You totally missed the point, but that was to be expected.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
sorry i thought this was 2015

I'll let you get back to patting yourself on the back for having the good taste to buy your current car over the one the other back patters are arguing is better

:yawn:

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I think I'm just unsubscribing to this thread. It's gone to crap. Lol. Good luck guys and enjoy your cars. Every Golf platform is an awesome car. *tips hat to GTI and R owners alike.*

Peace.

GTITX1

Ready to race!
r is 100% to front until slip is detected.

That is not how this gen haldex works. It is dependent on programming. For instance when the car is put in sport mode, the split is not 100/0. Gen 5 does not require slippage detection. Unless the setups are drastically different between the s3 and r, there is some torque going to the rear most of the time. He standard Audi split on haldex is around 85/15. The upcoming rs3 uses the same haldex system just has different programming. If you think the rs3 is ever going to be 100% fwd you are mad.

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion