GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Gusto181

Dealer extras

Any have experience with "Dealer Installed Accessories" on their quote?

For a '17 Sport DSG was quoted $24,235 (here in Charlotte), but they added an additional $1300 in dealer installed accessories. I asked for a breakdown:

$399 Tinted Windows
$299 3M Door Guard Protection
$899 Paint and Interior Protection

Anyone have this issue? My response is going to be "Ugh, no", but just curious if others have gotten this slipped in or trouble getting the dealer to drop it.

Thanks everyone! Great forum!

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Any have experience with "Dealer Installed Accessories" on their quote?

For a '17 Sport DSG was quoted $24,235 (here in Charlotte), but they added an additional $1300 in dealer installed accessories. I asked for a breakdown:

$399 Tinted Windows

Anyone have this issue? My response is going to be "Ugh, no", but just curious if others have gotten this slipped in or trouble getting the dealer to drop it.

Thanks everyone! Great forum!

It's crap. Tell them to remove it or no sale.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
$399 Tinted Windows

Typical way to rob the customer.

captcheerio

Bring in these additional discounts / rebates once you negotiate the final price. Dealers are not going to lose money because of this.

I did the same a year back. Difference between my local dealer and DC area dealer was around 3k. And recently many DC area dealers are adding additional fee for out of state customers.
Thanks for the feedback and heads up about potential additional fees for out of state customers. I'm not sure why they would do that, but if that's the case, I'll try to leverage dealer competition.

-Matt

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Thanks for the feedback and heads up about potential additional fees for out of state customers. I'm not sure why they would do that, but if that's the case, I'll try to leverage dealer competition.

-Matt

As many out of state people were going to DC dealers because of their pricing, most of them are adding this out of state customer fee. Even with that additional fee (around $500) you might still get a decent deal.

tknj99

Ready to race!
A common thread of many of these posts is to buy in DC/ Northern VA.. I wonder where the best state to sell is?... ie, but low and sell high lol

captcheerio

$27,021 for SE DSG before TTL and doc fees. I'd also put in for the Partner Program to put price down around $26.5K. Could I get closer to $25K by going to N. VA dealerships? It would probably need to be over $1000 cheaper for me to justify flying out to buy, then drive the car home.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
$27,021 for SE DSG before TTL and doc fees. I'd also put in for the Partner Program to put price down around $26.5K. Could I get closer to $25K by going to N. VA dealerships? It would probably need to be over $1000 cheaper for me to justify flying out to buy, then drive the car home.

MSRP of $32,800 makes that $5,800 off sticker. Assuming doc fee is minimal that is pretty good. Nova would be $25,600 and then they are now tacking on an out of area fee which is something like $500 so now it $26,100. Then you have to determine financing. They will make you take some awful 4 percent which means you have to refi it ASAP to get a better rate. You aren't really that far from them where you are now. Go buy it.

captcheerio

Thanks! I'm getting very close to pulling the trigger. Just trying to get them a little lower, closer to the price around Nova before driving over to complete the deal...they haven't said no yet. I still don't even know what color I want/what color they can get. I'm thinking Gray, Black, Blue.

codered911

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK8
Hey All, i just got the approval (from the wife) to get a 17 GTI DSG Sport with homelink and monster mats for 24,020 plus tax ect... Lakeland VW in Central FL. If you are close to here use the make Make My Deal with Larry!

Last edited:

captcheerio

MSRP of $32,800 makes that $5,800 off sticker. Assuming doc fee is minimal that is pretty good. Nova would be $25,600 and then they are now tacking on an out of area fee which is something like $500 so now it $26,100. Then you have to determine financing. They will make you take some awful 4 percent which means you have to refi it ASAP to get a better rate. You aren't really that far from them where you are now. Go buy it.

I've got the price down to $26,749 on a '17 GTI SE DSG. Adding the $500 VW Partner Program gets the price down to $26,249 + TTL/doc fees. Seems like a good deal except the vehicle has 166 miles and I wish it had less than 10. I was informed it was a dealer trade. Do you think that's a big deal? I just don't like it since I don't know how those miles were accrued. Should I make this deal or maybe pay $500 more for something with less than 20 miles? Thanks!