GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEW: SuperPro Alloy Control Arms for Mk.VII / MQB platform

B95zP

Ready to race!
Installed a pair on my GTI. Also installed the Tyrolsport Deadset. Brand new wheels and tires too.

Here are the alignment numbers. Only had the shop fix toe. Was expecting a bit more caster. Car also has a wacko amount of camber on one side and not the other :x

Stock caster is about 7.3 (DCC equipped car). With the control arms they are now 7.9 and 8.3. Arms should add 1.5-2.0 right? All mine added were 0.6 and 1.00.

So what do you all think about my alignment specs? Was hoping they would be more symmetrical with the dead set kit installed... Car does not pull when driving.

Mine is similar to yours. VW Driver Gear springs, SuperPro LCAs and Tyrolsport front & rear deadset kits.

LF Camber: -.8
LF Caster: 8.7
LF Toe: .08
RF Camber: -1.5
RF Caster: 8.9
RF Toe: .09

LR Camber: -.9
LR Toe:.02
RR Camber: -1.8
RR Toe: .14

Thanks for this.

Caster somewhere close to 8° is ok. I wouldn't accept the camber numbers though. ;)
Your front camber is twice the number on one side compared to the other, and it
cannot be aligned evenly due to the Tyrolsport deadset, which makes shifting the
subframe impossible. That's why I'd put that deadset ooff the car quickly.
Rear camber would have been rather easy to adjust evenly. I have no idea why the
garage didn't do it properly.

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for this.

Caster somewhere close to 8° is ok. I wouldn't accept the camber numbers though. ;)
Your front camber is twice the number on one side compared to the other, and it
cannot be aligned evenly due to the Tyrolsport deadset, which makes shifting the
subframe impossible. That's why I'd put that deadset ooff the car quickly.
Rear camber would have been rather easy to adjust evenly. I have no idea why the
garage didn't do it properly.

I actually have a similar camber problem, but haven't messed with the control arms at all. Driver's side front -0.6 and passenger side -1.6. Will need to take it elsewhere to get it corrected. The shop did say they had the subframe shifted as much as possible to correct the camber. I'm sitting at 25.5" FTG in the front, so not that much lower than stock.

Obakong

Ready to race!
Installed a pair on my GTI. Also installed the Tyrolsport Deadset. Brand new wheels and tires too.

Here are the alignment numbers. Only had the shop fix toe. Was expecting a bit more caster. Car also has a wacko amount of camber on one side and not the other :x

Stock caster is about 7.3 (DCC equipped car). With the control arms they are now 7.9 and 8.3. Arms should add 1.5-2.0 right? All mine added were 0.6 and 1.00.

So what do you all think about my alignment specs? Was hoping they would be more symmetrical with the dead set kit installed... Car does not pull when driving.

LCAs and F/R swaybars + deadset kits (both f/r subframes) installed at Eurocode and aligned by West End Alignment.

My car is not lowered.

Symmetrical Alignment specs came out to:

Front
1.1 neg. camber
8.5 pos. caster
0 toe

Rear
1.4 neg. camber
0 toe

Edit: Forgot to mention that my LCA's are the +1% caster version (there is a 1% and a 2% version)

Last edited:

davidk1175

Ready to race!
I noticed when installing my springs that the upper mounts are slanted. If you install one of them the wrong direction I believe it could cause a off camber issue.

Good point. If in doubt (say, wondering about uneven camber)
check mount orientation. Unfortately, that's not easy as you'd
ideally need to remove the struts.

As a hint, before you take the parts to a garage for install put
some easily visible dots onto the mounts which show the right
orientation and make checking later more easy.

I wouldn't bet since I don't use to do installations every day, but as
far as I remeber ...
the bearing fits in one single position into the mount, but the mount
fits in three positions onto (or underneath) the car - if I'm not wrong.

nikhsub1

What?
I wouldn't bet since I don't use to do installations every day, but as
far as I remeber ...
the bearing fits in one single position into the mount, but the mount
fits in three positions onto (or underneath) the car - if I'm not wrong.

No you are wrong, the strut assembly can only be mounted to the car in one orientation. I've removed and reinstalled them at least 10 times on this car. Also, my wheel bearings went bad as well, replaced under warranty.

I'll gladly believe you, but what has this got to do with wheel bearings?
I thought we're talking about strut bearings.

PolarLights

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for all the insights.

Gonna order a new set of subframe bolts.

Car is not lowered. Still just the normal DCC suspension. So stumped why the car is so crooked :c

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs

Car is not lowered. Still just the normal DCC suspension. So stumped why the car is so crooked :c

Doesn't Tyrolsport supply their own [new bolts] in their deadset kit?

tbolts.jpg

enjoyminutemaid

Ready to race!

Hi, any updates on this?

I'm about to have Superpro's LCA's installed on an otherwise stock suspension and I'm curious how the alignment is going to come out or if there are any tips I should give my alignment shop.

I'd tell them I want:

- as a prerequisite, checking tire pressures and allover condition
- all values both left and right as evenly as possible (!!)
- caster should be increased due to the LCAs, but even
- front camber as much as possible (IF they're willing to losen the mounts)
- rear camber on the lower side of stock (one and a half dregree is fine)
- factory toe in (ten to 15 minutes toe in both front and rear)
- lastly, (let them) do a test drive and check if steering wheel is straight

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
I ordered some 0007K's last week from the "down under" and they should be here in the next week or two. I have aggressive tire setup, so the 0006K's wouldn't clear my front bumper... hoping these will do the job!