GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Deceptive RSC Exhaust Marketing...

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
If I were to replace my catback, I was going with Borla.
Seems to be looking like that choice would be wise.

BR MK7

Ready to race!
So is it 304 then? And if all those pictures are authentic those welds look terrible.

I was about to buy APR intake for my mk7 gti, but damn, now I'm not so sure. Why don't you take one your exhausts, cut it all up, post some pictures, prove everyone wrong and be done with it. At least do it for yourselves so you know what is it that you're actually selling. The point is, it's your sticker on the product, and as far as anyone's concerned, it's your product.

AWE is due to release their intake by the end of next month. [emoji6]

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
None of our design specifications call for 409 stainless steel.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
im glad APR came to give us serious answers back that their exhaust system up.

As someone who will just do a tune and dogbone to his car, any "better"options for exhaust systems? Is is custom-made the real way to go?

jwilkins88

Ready to race!
As someone who will just do a tune and dogbone to his car, any "better"options for exhaust systems? Is is custom-made the real way to go?

It depends on what you're looking for. If I decide to have any exhaust work done, I'll have it done custom by a local shop that I trust. The problem is finding someone local with the skills who you trust.

There's also the issue of being without a car while the fabrication is being done (assuming they don't have a jig already)

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
So is it 304 then? And if all those pictures are authentic those welds look terrible.

The current "RSC" exhaust systems consist of 304 and 439 stainless steel. The design specifications do not call for 409 as suggested here. All grades of stainless will change color after use, and on some grades, surface corrosion and oxidation may appear. In the case there's actually an issue that results in a failure, the warranty still applies and can be handled through APR or Corsa. Corsa has the warranty information on their website: http://www.corsaperformance.com/WarrantyCenter/WarrantyReg.aspx

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
still curious about that poor problem management

take responsability, it's not Corsa selling this stuff

:eek::eek:

kongzhai84

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh shit i just fix the APR intake but i guess intake still advisable but for exhaust i will wait till APR clarify the issues listed.

element515

Ready to race!
Well... this doesn't look good. Not helping that all of the responses in this thread are putting blame on the company they bought from. Can't just redirect the blame like that.

jolebole

Ready to race!
WOW for the wigs inside the muffler lol. Still no official explanation? Hmm...I expected a more professional response from apr backed up with some real answers . Can't wait to see the outcome...:confused: If there's any. Anybody knows what kind of air filter is in the apr intake? I was planning to get one prior to stage 1

Last edited: