GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Thanks for the links gentleman. jmargaretis, what will increase the whoosh sound? An intake? I had the sound with my MKVI but I did APR intake, UR DP, and Stage II tune all at the same time.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Installed an OEM belly pan, ECS had it for 97.00 but I got it from my local Audi dealer for $100.00 - 10% discount , you will need the 3 bolts that attach the pan to the subframe and that's it or you can buy all new hardware if you want but is not needed because you can reuse the old screws all 8 of them. Keep in mind that this part will not come up for a Golf on the ECS website it's an Audi A3 pan but it fits perfectly. The one that ECS sells for the Golf is expensive as hell, 360 or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Yours didn't come with one? What am I missing?

BlancoGTI17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17 GTI Autobahn
Yours didn't come with one? What am I missing?

That one covers completely back to the lower subframe. The one on ECS listed for our cars cost more because it is listed as an actual skid plate and has more rigidity built into it, as well as requiring different brackets at the front to mount instead of clipping in the stock location.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
That one covers completely back to the lower subframe. The one on ECS listed for our cars cost more because it is listed as an actual skid plate and has more rigidity built into it, as well as requiring different brackets at the front to mount instead of clipping in the stock location.

100% correct

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I see. Thanks guys. Appreciate the info.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I see. Thanks guys. Appreciate the info.

No problem, the only reason to get this done in my case is that I'm lowered on VWR springs therefore lower oil pan [emoji4], I ordered mine from AUDI of Manhattan

BlancoGTI17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17 GTI Autobahn
No problem, the only reason to get this done in my case is that I'm lowered on VWR springs therefore lower oil pan [emoji4], I ordered mine from AUDI of Manhattan

Did the A3 plate feel more substantial than our OEM belly pan, other than the fact it connects to the subframe?

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Did the A3 plate feel more substantial than our OEM belly pan, other than the fact it connects to the subframe?

I would say that just a bit more but not by much but once you bolt it on it feels much much more rigid because the 3 bolts on the subframe are pretty strong, to be fair not long ago I scraped my subframe a bit when I parked my car on a shoulder that was too deep and the original shorter pan did a good job protecting it but just a few inches more and my oil pan would be damage instead or at least that sensor which is to exposed.
Here is the stronger OEM part that ECS sells for 368.00(too much) they have other options for me the cheaper 100.00 one works fine

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
From De-badge to - -> Re-badge

Let's make VW Great Again!

Got rid of the GOLF & TSI badges out back...

Added an OEM Euro-spec R-Line badge to the front grille. Subtle at best. ;)

BlancoGTI17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17 GTI Autobahn
I would say that just a bit more but not by much but once you bolt it on it feels much much more rigid because the 3 bolts on the subframe are pretty strong, to be fair not long ago I scraped my subframe a bit when I parked my car on a shoulder that was too deep and the original shorter pan did a good job protecting it but just a few inches more and my oil pan would be damage instead or at least that sensor which is to exposed.
Here is the stronger OEM part that ECS sells for 368.00(too much) they have other options for me the cheaper 100.00 one works fine

Yeah I've eyeballed that one and read golfdave's how to on it, but hadn't had anyone to personally have experience with the A3 pan. I may go same route now that we've confirmed it fits.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
K&N Drop in filter and snow guard removed. Easiest gains ever.