GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI2016

Ready to race!
Uninstalled my Neuspeed module and got stage 1 APR,AND ohhhh my god! Such a BIG difference and the car is Fun as hell ��

Cool... has anyone run the neuspeed then went JB1? Curious as the diff in power as I hear the Neuspeed isnt that impressive.

MK7GTDWAJ

Excessive Wear on OSF - GTD

Hi I am hoping that someone may be able to shed some light on an on-going issue I've been having with my MK7 GTD.

I do a lot of motorway miles for my job and noticed that the steering wheel has started to stick when turning right and the only way I can describe it is that I am fighting with the steering wheel to keep it in line.

I put two new tyres on the front in October 2015 and have done about 3000 miles, by which time the OSF was completely illegal and the NSF looked brand new. Took the car in to VW and they said the tyre was over inflated judging by where the wear was on the tyre (right in the middle). they said I would also have to get the wheel alignment done and a new tyre on fitted. This was in December. Its now only January and ive done another 2000 miles and its doing the same thing again, sticking steering wheel and tyre almost on the wear bar. I've complained about this 4 times to VW who seemingly cant find any fault with the car. It is driving me insane and at £112 a tyre its just eating them for breakfast. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP??? or point me in the right direction as to what is causing this?

any replies would be grateful.

Wayne

VWGTI

Ready to race!
Hi I am hoping that someone may be able to shed some light on an on-going issue I've been having with my MK7 GTD.

I do a lot of motorway miles for my job and noticed that the steering wheel has started to stick when turning right and the only way I can describe it is that I am fighting with the steering wheel to keep it in line.

I put two new tyres on the front in October 2015 and have done about 3000 miles, by which time the OSF was completely illegal and the NSF looked brand new. Took the car in to VW and they said the tyre was over inflated judging by where the wear was on the tyre (right in the middle). they said I would also have to get the wheel alignment done and a new tyre on fitted. This was in December. Its now only January and ive done another 2000 miles and its doing the same thing again, sticking steering wheel and tyre almost on the wear bar. I've complained about this 4 times to VW who seemingly cant find any fault with the car. It is driving me insane and at £112 a tyre its just eating them for breakfast. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP??? or point me in the right direction as to what is causing this?

any replies would be grateful.

Wayne

Try reposting this in the wheels section, you might be able to get more knowledgeable people over there. It's a bit off topic here. Good luck finding out the problem though! Tires aren't cheap.

Greg241

Today ordered helix euro headlights with retrofit HID low and high beams for my 2016 GTI.
Still waiting for stage 1 software to come out! :(
Added red GTI strip down base
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71dkggHDDDL._SL1202_.jpg

Last edited:

choiboie17

Hi everyone. New to the forum and to VW. Previous car was 2005 Infiniti G35 6spd. Recently bought a 15' GTI 6spd Manual Autobahn with PP and LP back in November and loving the car.

So in the last week I've installed the APR intake and the APR stage 1 tune. The increase in power was incredible although it mostly translated to burning rubber. Have yet to do any suspension work.

I decided to order the 034motorsport dogbone mount insert after reading through forums. Just FYI I ordered version 1 for my 2015. I heard that for the 2016 you need version 2.

Just came in the mail today and installed in my garage. The instructions were very simple and it's simply just taking a bolt off and screwing it back on. Torqued to 100Nm = 75lbs. Took me no longer then 20 mins with proper tools.

Results are surprisingly better than I imagined. Shifting became noticeably crisper. Going through the gearbox feels much better now. And best of all a lot more power down to the ground where you need it. In NVH so far was not bad at all. Feel a little more on take off and in low rpms but minimal. In my opinion for $42 it's a very cheap but high quality upgrade.

Sorry for the long post!

Justin0122

Ready to race!
That Maryland badge looks really good! You just pop off the emblem and slide the inlay underneath?

its pretty much like a decal that you stick to the black piece of plastic that is behind the emblem, once you take the emblem off, its a two piece emblem, one is the chrome VW badge and the other is a black backing. Just be extremely careful when you remove the emblem. I was kinda forceful when taking mine off and ended up breaking that black backing to the emblem, couldn't find a replacement part in america so i had to order from hong kong (which took two weeks to ship and arrive to my door)

paulgarnett6

Ready to race!
Pretty sure that red stripe is photoshopped on and from my limited knowledge I'd say that pic is from an UK, or non-USA rather, dealership...anyone else concur?[emoji848]

Agreed unless u get acc in USA DEFFO PHOTO SHOP very nice tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk