GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sounds like APR is Going Down

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
It's the other way around.

The only way to end up a millionaire racer is to start out as a billionaire.

I heard it as:

Q: How do you make a million dollars racing?
A: By spending 100 million dollars.

Reading the documents and the Mangrove company m.o. and acquisition history, APR is going to be a leaner business moving forward.

I also like how the original thread devolved into an office chair discussion by page 4. That's familiar.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
I heard it as:

Q: How do you make a million dollars racing?
A: By spending 100 million dollars.

Reading the documents and the Mangrove company m.o. and acquisition history, APR is going to be a leaner business moving forward.

I also like how the original thread devolved into an office chair discussion by page 4. That's familiar.

Have you ever sat in one of those chairs made for rocking a baby? A glider they are called?

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
If Golfmk6 was Milton

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Apparently none of you heard of Martin Eberhard. He was the founder of Tesla Motors. He had a grand idea, pitched it successfully to Elon Musk who believed in the vision and became the principal investor and chairman. When Eberhard brought the Model S late, over budget and incomplete, Musk did a hostile takeover by pouring ALL his liquid assets into the company, forcing Eberhard out and naming himself CEO. Now look where they are.

Investors want to make money. They'll find a way to give customers what they want. I predict the APR brand will stick around with most if not all of the team. Their roadmap may change.

butchered by autocorrecr

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Still a big APR fan. If they can retain key people it should become better than ever. Overpaid execs are rampant in this country.

Avant

Ready to race!
It's always sad to see an entrepreneur been taken away his baby... As i understand the company culture is great which lead to great and motivated staff resulting in great products...and I'm not even an apr fan boy.. Have to see what the new management is about but it's not going to be easy taking over the founder's charistmatic role, even if the balance sheet will look healthier..

I think racing has been a downfall for many.. Should be a lesson not to forget!

Entrepreneur? Stephen Hooks is like the 10th owner in the past 14 years l0l.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Interested in seeing how this affects future products. IE's late mk6 releases starting to look kinda good....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Could you imagine if Arin got canned and ended up at one of the competitors he's bashed for so many years? The forums would explode.

Nah he'll start his own place...like SPM