GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Chat 2: The Place You Go When Plac ISN'T Considering a New Car

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
It just felt like it was falling apart at speed. It also wasnt very fast and kept braking down. Not sure how anyone would pick that over say a c4 with same said recycled trash body minus the usless middle seat .

It's 1200 lbs lighter, has the engine in the right place, and looks cool?

The top trim only had like 140 hp 35 years ago so it's not going to be fast without major mods obviously. No surprise you wouldn't like the seats though, I'm surprised you have a Golf to be honest - you seem like you should be driving an A8L.

In reality I'd never buy one, the cost of shipping something like that would be more than the car is even worth - not when the MR2S is available here for $5k.

Too bad the stupid MR2S hardtop is rare and $$, I think that would be a fun car to drive daily and autox with minimal mods. Black one debadged with hardtop, tires, shocks, alignment, and a beefy front swaybar would be a fun cheap ride for $10k-ish and could compete nationally in autox. I think they even look pretty good with a roof:

Merkle

Banned
You thought plaid seats were cool?

Houndstooth dawg.

Too bad the stupid MR2S hardtop is rare and $$, I think that would be a fun car to drive daily and autox with minimal mods. Black one debadged with hardtop, tires, shocks, alignment, and a beefy front swaybar would be a fun cheap ride for $10k-ish and could compete nationally in autox. I think they even look pretty good with a roof:

That hardtop is the tits. Get the MR2, swap in super-Vibe drive drain and profit.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
fuck that. I'll never trust the house market again... I'll build an igloo.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
it's like new WRXs, they're diluting what made the car great for the sake of not standing out in a sea of camrys.

huh? oh, you must just mean the looks, got it. otherwise... no.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
What's so shitty about it?

Apparently the interior rattles like a 1994 Cavalier and the gearing/power band suck ass. He says it totally shits the bed power-wise at like 4500 and just isn't fun to drive.

I've never been in the car myself... this dude has rich parents and has had some cool stuff though:
Raptor
'11 modded manual GT
'04 Cobro or SVT or some kind of other Mustang V8
some other shit I can't remember

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
My buddy who bought a 2015 STI told me it's a POS and he's trading it in :lol:

Sounds like an absolute moron. The car just came out and he didn't know what he was getting himself into during a test drive? Now all the sudden the car is completely different from set expectations?

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like an absolute moron. The car just came out and he didn't know what he was getting himself into during a test drive? Now all the sudden the car is completely different from set expectations?

Admittedly the reviews of the car all make it sound like it's a bloody Audi R8 with superior interior and sports car performance, it's possible to get sucked into that thinking on a short test drive.