GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Chat 2: The Place You Go When Plac ISN'T Considering a New Car

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
That DOHC is huge... And the supercharger doesn't help...

Exactly. Supercharger blocking everything I needed to access was a real bitch. Fucking people who installed it stripped the oil pressure line fitting too. Assholes. I spent an hour driving around yesterday trying to find the right fittings to get it back together.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Yup no other way. Judging by the house where the pics were taken that passenger seat saw some grade AAA+ poon as well.

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Exactly. Supercharger blocking everything I needed to access was a real bitch. Fucking people who installed it stripped the oil pressure line fitting too. Assholes. I spent an hour driving around yesterday trying to find the right fittings to get it back together.

#moddedlyfe

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
Yup no other way. Judging by the house where the pics were taking that passenger seat saw some grade AAA+ poon as well.

My thoughts exactly. :laugh:

Ok, the emotional side of me wants this. Hard. That's why you buy these cars. Because they're insanely awesome.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
They should, but I doubt it. I drove a DBS when I was a writer...it was stupid fast, really comfortable, but didn't handle that great. Granted it's a much bigger car, but still, I don't think handling is one of Aston's strong suits. They're much better suited (and intended for) GT.

I think and M3 makes a better all-purpose car.

^^^ this is very true. On the subject of Astons, they are very much a car to be purchased with the heart, in my opinion. The looks, the sounds - it's pure emotion on wheels.

Sent from some sort of Apple device.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Alright, we've now gone full-on badge whore. Time to drive the Vibe for 3 more years and buy an Aston. By then the manual trans versions should have lost all appeal to anyone and be worth like $25k.

Z06 racek0r, Aston daily, Vibe beater/cargovan = $100k in cars outside $100k house

StayStetti

Banned
It was a MONSTER. Pretty awesome to drive, no desire to own.

Dis, doe...

[ul]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aston-Martin-Vantage-v8-vantage-coupe-Aston-Martin-v8-vantage-coupe-manual-stick-not-2006-2008-/321673114348?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4ae53632ec&item=321673114348&pt=US_Cars_Trucks[/url]

Ummmm, I'm not sure there's a better way to spend $50k to achieve baller status.

i showed that aston to my dad and he's now seriously considering getting it

nice.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Other than looks, there is nothing desirable about a British car. You'll go bankrupt owning one.

I had 3 and spent less on problems - had irtually zero, than either Vette.
When i bought my 94 Lotus Esprit, I drove it from Scottsdale to Atlanta in the summer. Bulletproof.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
It's weird to feel like the normal population on cars...and while I'm annoyed, I kind of like it.

A V8 Vantage does seem like a hell of a buy if you want to roll hard.

This - you only live once. If you have the means go for it. No one else will take better care of you - than you.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
They should, but I doubt it. I drove a DBS when I was a writer...it was stupid fast, really comfortable, but didn't handle that great. Granted it's a much bigger car, but still, I don't think handling is one of Aston's strong suits. They're much better suited (and intended for) GT.

I think and M3 makes a better all-purpose car.

+1 - The Aston is for the touring/traveling fun road trip. It def has sport elements when needed but its not an M3/ Elise etc. Line wise its still simply beautiful.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Wow, that's really cool. Too bad we'll never see it here.

You can buy one here, but not fully assembled since it has to be registered as a kit car. Pricing is a lot higher here too, starts at like $50k not counting the engine and transmission.

$60k+ for a completed car, probably the same as an atom but I haven't really looked into all that crap since I've nowhere near enough money to build something like that.

I want to get one of these and put it on a 175-200 lb kart:

http://iameusaeast.com/iame-engines/x30-super-shifter-175cc.html

more like $10k total :lol: