GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First time pulled over...some questions.

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
Just throw up speed cameras and be done with it. All the extra revenue and could get away with a reduction in staffing.

The whole discretion issue is how you end up with the big racial divide on marijuana arrests

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Just throw up speed cameras and be done with it. All the extra revenue and could get away with a reduction in staffing.

The whole discretion issue is how you end up with the big racial divide on marijuana arrests

Fuck speed cameras.

rjohnson5481

Ready to race!

Fuck speed cameras.

No doubt. But if there was absolute enforcement like with a camera, you can bet people would be protesting/lobbying/mobbing to have the limits raised.

Speed cameras don't enforce shit. Yes they get some people, who then ignore it and won't admit guilt so the fine means nothing because unless you're served there is no way to prove you even received the citation.

On top of that we have a few around here and I slow down for the camera and speed back up right after it.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion

There is no discretion on felony arrests. If there is a useable and testable quantity of any drubg, state law and policy dictate that an arrest will be made. Do you have any proof of this discretion causing a racial divide with drug arrests, or is it the fact that more minorities then white people live in impoverished areas where drug use is more common?

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
There is no discretion on felony arrests. If there is a useable and testable quantity of any drubg, state law and policy dictate that an arrest will be made. Do you have any proof of this discretion causing a racial divide with drug arrests, or is it the fact that more minorities then white people live in impoverished areas where drug use is more common?
I think it's both. Look at NY's fantastic stop and frisk programs.

/s

sboskov

Ready to race!
Just call up one of the lawyers you get in the mail, tell them what happened and find the cheapest one. Yes it will cost you more than just paying the speeding fine but chances are extremely high (99.9%) that you will not get any points. They will more than likely use your "prayer of judgement" card to get rid of it. Basically they will let it slide but if you get pulled within the next two or three years they will bring this ticket up and add the points? Something like that is what the lawyer explained to me. For me I got a 18? Over ticket in city limits and got it dropped through a lawyer for around 250 + court costs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Very interesting statistics.

I agree. I'm not a very big fan of stop and frisks myself, but it is definitely not a racially biased practice. The percentage of stop and frisks by race is about equal to the percentage of the crime committed by that race in NY. It is a waste of time. They did something like 600,000 stop and frisks and only retrieved 176 firearms. That's a good number of guns, but for those 600,000 stop and frisks that were conducted, if they did surveillance on high crime area with all that man power, I think more of an impact could be made. Maybe not. I don't care I don't live in NY lol I just don't understand the legal justification behind a stop such as that. In AZ we have to believe that a crime is afoot, we can't just go pat down people willy nilly. Unless it's consensual, and a lot of times, criminals that are packing heat/drugs are stupid enough to let us do it.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I agree. I'm not a very big fan of stop and frisks myself, but it is definitely not a racially biased practice. The percentage of stop and frisks by race is about equal to the percentage of the crime committed by that race in NY. It is a waste of time. They did something like 600,000 stop and frisks and only retrieved 176 firearms. That's a good number of guns, but for those 600,000 stop and frisks that were conducted, if they did surveillance on high crime area with all that man power, I think more of an impact could be made. Maybe not. I don't care I don't live in NY lol I just don't understand the legal justification behind a stop such as that. In AZ we have to believe that a crime is afoot, we can't just go pat down people willy nilly. Unless it's consensual, and a lot of times, criminals that are packing heat/drugs are stupid enough to let us do it.

What I found interesting was that for most crimes black people were more likely to be suspected than arrested, whites were less likely to be suspected than arrested, and hispanics were much less likely to be suspected than arrested... also Asians mind their own damn business better than any other race.

Apparently we are not suspicious enough of those hispanics :lol: