GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who on here likes guns?

DeathB4Dishonr

Lasers go Pew Pew
Car(s)
2k6 BMP GTI
Just made a deal with the seller, buying this tomorrow!!!

youll love it. i got one for christmas last year, a blast to shoot and easy on the wallet :biggrin: god i love the clips, theyre so easy to load.

Chris@RT

Banned

Went to the show looking for an upper for my AR but knowing I would probably be unimpressed with my options I had some set prices in my head based on what I can find stuff for online and if I came across anything that met those deals from my list I'd grab that instead. One was an RIA 1911 in .45 for 400, this happened to be 399.95 so I Grabbed it. I really want a p22 for some reason but that was 20 over my set price so didn't get that. The store I got this from also had mossberg 500 home defense models, just 18.5" barrel, standard stock and no heat shields for 199 but didn't bring enough to the show and sold out. They have them in stock in store so probably head up there next weekend.

Read plenty of good reviews about the RIA 1911s, far from the best but its just for looking pretty and going to the range. Would rather spend 800 out the door after some modifications and have what I want vs 1000 and still need to customize.

s4mt3k

binary four
Car(s)
'11 Tundra

Went to the show looking for an upper for my AR but knowing I would probably be unimpressed with my options I had some set prices in my head based on what I can find stuff for online and if I came across anything that met those deals from my list I'd grab that instead. One was an RIA 1911 in .45 for 400, this happened to be 399.95 so I Grabbed it. I really want a p22 for some reason but that was 20 over my set price so didn't get that. The store I got this from also had mossberg 500 home defense models, just 18.5" barrel, standard stock and no heat shields for 199 but didn't bring enough to the show and sold out. They have them in stock in store so probably head up there next weekend.

Read plenty of good reviews about the RIA 1911s, far from the best but its just for looking pretty and going to the range. Would rather spend 800 out the door after some modifications and have what I want vs 1000 and still need to customize.

400 for a 1911??? I need to look that up, never heard of it actually. The P22 is an awesome gun to shoot ONLY if you use good quality rounds such as cci mags. Use Federal or the like and you'll only be able to shoot 25% of ur mag if not less. Also, its a fuckin pain in the ass to clean... If you can live with those, I love shooting it (it's my fiancee's).

I also wanna pick up a Moss. 500 for home defense. Ill shop around.

Chris@RT

Banned
yeah I've heard the p22 isn't the best of the 22s out there but I like the looks and just want something inexpensive to shoot cheap ammo through. Tempted to buy something better with a longer barrel sort of like somethign you'd compete with but I know how I am and I'd want to compete a week later...

http://www.armscor.com.ph/home.htm

That is the manufacture of RAI. From everything i read no one had a problem with them, sure not anything you'd use for competition but people who are serious would say the same about a $1500 one as well.

s4mt3k

binary four
Car(s)
'11 Tundra
Well the ruger .22 is considered one of the best .22s out there and are used for competition, maybe not Pro but you get the idea. Either way, I'm fairly new to this but can confirm that .22 pistols and my AR .22 (s&w) are awesome and cheap fun at the range. That is until I can afford bigger rounds as easily as .22 haha

Chris@RT

Banned
Well the ruger .22 is considered one of the best .22s out there and are used for competition, maybe not Pro but you get the idea. Either way, I'm fairly new to this but can confirm that .22 pistols and my AR .22 (s&w) are awesome and cheap fun at the range. That is until I can afford bigger rounds as easily as .22 haha

Was contemplating the ruger but just don't like the way it looks, not that they should outweigh performance entirely I just dislike the looks that much :)..

May do a .22 conversion when I get my AR I'll see how much I end up taking it to the range etc to see if the cost of the conversion is worth the saves in ammo prices.

I got my 9mm for the "cheap" ammo vs say 380 or 45... no I have all 3. Not looking forward to buying ammo for the 1911 and it certainly won't be seeing hundreds of rounds each range trip like my xd does just from a cost stand point, but now I have more variety.

DeathB4Dishonr

Lasers go Pew Pew
Car(s)
2k6 BMP GTI

ever considered reloading? it is a little pricey when you start up, but saves in the long run if you shoot often.

bbg2d

BMW Cowboy
Car(s)
09 335i/68 Cutlass S
Try a GSG! They are a blast, I love mine and you can get fairly cheap mags on AIMSurplus.com

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
looking forward to buying ammo for the 1911

yeah buying .45 ammo sucks a big one. I found 50rnd boxes of PMC for $21/box a few months ago and bought 20 (got shipping free too). The only other lace I can find .45 that isn't greatly expensive is wally world and even then I might only find it once every other month. I happened to be there when they were stocking the cabinet once and picked up as many Winchester white box 100rnd boxes as I was allowed (6 per visit) @ $34/box I think.

...Luckily I bought a P22 to play with otherwise I was on the verge of not eating

bbg2d

BMW Cowboy
Car(s)
09 335i/68 Cutlass S
I usually buy the 250 round yellow box when I find them. Good practice ammo.
Try ammoman.com and AIMSurplus.com for good deals on most major calibers. Ammoman doesn't charge shipping.

Chris@RT

Banned
yeah buying .45 ammo sucks a big one. I found 50rnd boxes of PMC for $21/box a few months ago and bought 20 (got shipping free too). The only other lace I can find .45 that isn't greatly expensive is wally world and even then I might only find it once every other month. I happened to be there when they were stocking the cabinet once and picked up as many Winchester white box 100rnd boxes as I was allowed (6 per visit) @ $34/box I think.

...Luckily I bought a P22 to play with otherwise I was on the verge of not eating

A place had some reloads, but good ones, at the show for 17.95 for 50 but it was cash only and the atm was charging like 5 bucks service fee so it made it not worth it after tax, should have just bought one to have some.

I get all my ammo at wal-mart. My XD 9mm loves the blazer brass they had before the scare for 8.88 a box or whatever it was, hated the WWB which was more anyway, constant FTE on those. Went through a few hundred rounds of Federal from walmart its like 9.97 or 10.3? a box which is still cheaper then most places even online. Even after tax locally and free shipping online most places buying 1000 rounds is still more expensive so I just buy what I can when I Can at wal-mart

My p3AT has only seen WWB which it has no problems with in 100 round boxes from wal-mart also. Forget what I paid for them about 30 bucks.

They have had .45 wwb or maybe remmington in stock in the past so hoping they do next time I go. I checked around online and made some notes that I Stuck in my phone so I can compare when I swing by there again.