GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance rebuild on IS20

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Giant pictures!

I can't tell if its F rev or not, but it looks similar...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Nice.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
How much and what are the specs?

x2

Looks great

x3, this is exactly what I’ve been waiting for.

Quick update:

This is now an available upgrade through GPOP Shop for the following prices:
- Full IS38 internals upgrade (compressor + exhaust) @ $695
- Partial IS38 internals upgrade (compressor side only) @ $550

This includes teardown, machining, balancing, and rebuild.

Dunno about specs, Jay didn't post yet.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
How much and what are the specs?
What kind of specs are you looking for? Inducer / exducer are exact is38 spec, and the recommended efficiency range is 18-22psi at redline.

Gpop did not provide a ton of detail, as this is currently 1 of 1 without any field testing.

Ported and polished, ceramic coated, and full is38 internals ran me $915. Just the internals were $695, but I figured I would have them do it all while it was disassembled on the table.

afman916

Ready to race!
Ported and polished, ceramic coated, and full is38 internals ran me $915. Just the internals were $695, but I figured I would have them do it all while it was disassembled on the table.

Do you feel the ceramic coating is necessary? I mean obviously to a degree you do, just wondering how much of a functional benefit it provides. Thanks again man, super pumped about this being an option for us now.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Do you feel the ceramic coating is necessary? I mean obviously to a degree you do, just wondering how much of a functional benefit it provides. Thanks again man, super pumped about this being an option for us now.
Honestly, I don't think either the p&p or coating are going to be game changers. I think they will help a bit with spool - maybe peaking 300rpm sooner between the two of those.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
What kind of specs are you looking for? Inducer / exducer are exact is38 spec, and the recommended efficiency range is 18-22psi at redline.

Gpop did not provide a ton of detail, as this is currently 1 of 1 without any field testing.

$915 great. I assume it is balanced? Any plans to dyno or track it? Thanks

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
$915 great. I assume it is balanced? Any plans to dyno or track it? Thanks
Yep, balance is include as part of the upgrade cost.

I'm definitely going to dyno it in a couple weeks - install is next Friday, and I want to get it dialed in with George before it hits the dyno.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP

I'm definitely going to dyno it in a couple weeks - install is next Friday, and I want to get it dialed in with George before it hits the dyno.

im so excited to see the results!

railroader

Autocross Newbie

Get a base before and after to see any difference

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Get a base before and after to see any difference

I have base dynos from my no-tune FBO run (220whp/275wtq), daily map (270whp/315wtq), and high boost map (285whp/315wtq). I'll run the dyno on all 3 maps so we can see the difference at varying levels of boost.