GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance rebuild on IS20

afman916

Ready to race!
My turbo is being shipped out this evening - I am oozing with anticipation... They said everything went great with machining and rebuilding; no issues at all.

I've asked for general costs/offerings, and how they would like that info shared with the forums.

Any information would be great! Even generalities re: pricing, expected numbers, etc...

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Any information would be great! Even generalities re: pricing, expected numbers, etc...

I'll provide an update when I can. It will probably be a while before I can post hp/tq numbers, as I'll need to install and go through break-in.

MK7PR put up something like 340whp, 380whp with meth on a similar setup. I'm hoping for 330whp/350wtq on just a JB4.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Quick update:

This is now an available upgrade through GPOP Shop for the following prices:
- Full IS38 internals upgrade (compressor + exhaust) @ $695
- Partial IS38 internals upgrade (compressor side only) @ $550

This includes teardown, machining, balancing, and rebuild.

As far as I know, they do not have any IS20 cores available for an OTS purchase. I bought a core from a forum member at a very reasonable price and would suggest anyone interested do the same.

I'm scheduled to have mine installed a week from Friday, and will give an update on first impressions shortly thereafter.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Quick update:

As far as I know, they do not have any IS20 cores available for an OTS purchase. I bought a core from a forum member at a very reasonable price and would suggest anyone interested do the same.

I'm scheduled to have mine installed a week from Friday, and will give an update on first impressions shortly thereafter.
hmm I just sent my is38 into them

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Quick update:

$695 isn't bad ... is this including like the upgraded turbine on the intake and exhaust side... the sexy ones we see in pictures?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Here's the thing though what do u gain. I mean you can buy another is38 for that price (used). Don't get me wrong I'm seriously considering calling them and having them do it to mine but does it address any oiling issues that these turbos tend to have because if not it doesn't matter how strong the internals are they can/will still break of not properly oiled

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
$695 isn't bad ... is this including like the upgraded turbine on the intake and exhaust side... the sexy ones we see in pictures?

What revision internals are they using? The newest IS38 comes with new fin design and larger spec turbine, upgraded to a stronger redesigned shaft etc. That being the F revision.

If they are using the old 2015 internals per say, I don't see the point. The F Rev 38 would be a better bet for longevity for the price.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion

I'm not sure it will be as sexy as the Littco ones, but I'll get some pictures up by the end of the week once it is delivered.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
What revision internals are they using? The newest IS38 comes with new fins, upgraded shaft etc. That being the F revision.

If they are using the old 2015 internals per say I don't see the point. The F rev 38 would be a better bet for longevity.
The f is the same as the t correct. Just one was on the r and one on the S3 or am I wrong

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
The f is the same as the t correct. Just one was on the r and one on the S3 or am I wrong

F rev is a new design, has upgraded parts. It's different internally from the T altogether based on my research.

If they can source the F rev internals this would be an amazing upgrade.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
I'll reach out to them and get an answer. They are usually pretty quick (same business day) with responses.

If they are going to do this, strongly advise them to look into the internals in the 2018 IS38 with the F rev coming from Germany and South America. There was a post not too long ago comparing the F to the T etc and it seems the F is basically a redesigned IS38 from IHI.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
F rev is a new design, has upgraded parts. It's different internally from the T altogether based on my research.

If they can source the F rev internals this would be an amazing upgrade.
Ya the f is the one available in Brazil and south Africa and stuff off a Passat from what I read.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I'm not sure it will be as sexy as the Littco ones, but I'll get some pictures up by the end of the week once it is delivered.

Please do :D

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I just spoke to gpop and they told me that they did not have any upgrade for the is38 as of right now, just the is20 and that they are looking into options on the is38 and also looking into options on oiling issues on the is38.