GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Cobb AP dynos/pro tune thread?

Is there a comprehensive thread with AccessPort dynos/pro tune results somewhere that I'm missing? I think I found one last night but last post was well over a year ago. Bottom line is I'm trying to get a sense of what the max levels are when sticking to IS20, on both E30 and 93. Thinking of...
  2. A

Coolant Leak Questions

I’ll keep this short as I’m just trying to get some opinions on diagnosis and next steps for the situation I’m in... Driving around Saturday and hear ominous chime accompanied by Coolant Low warning on dash. Get home, check coolant - well below Min marking. Can see some coolant pooled at bottom...
  3. A

2016 SE Head Unit Upgrade

So I've been kicking around the idea of upgrading the head unit (or interface, whatever it's called these days) in my 2016 SE. From what I can gather reading posts, I have two options: Upgrade to a larger 8" screen from 2017/18, which is more or less a direct swap. All in pricing $600-$800...
  4. A

From JB4 to protune

I did some searching and found a few posts here and there, but still am not 100% certain...how much is there to gain from going JB4 to protune (Cobb/ED)? Fully understanding that protuned is specific to your car, but I’m more wondering what are the real world driving benefits? Better low end...
  5. A

Short Shifter Install Help

Posted this in suspension as well but thought it might get more exposure here as I'm in the middle of install. Finally getting around to installing my Shorty's Short Shifter and when I pulled the stocker out to compare against Shorty's....well pardon my ignorance but am I missing something...
  6. A

Short Shifter Install Help

Finally getting around to installing my Shorty's Short Shifter and when I pulled the stocker out to compare against Shorty's....well pardon my ignorance but am I missing something here? Pic below - apologies for quality, phone is on it's way out.
  7. A

Dimmer switch functionality

Does anyone know if the dimmer switch (for cluster gauge backlighting) ONLY works at night? Installed my New South boost gauge today and went to test out the dimmer functionality and no dice, the dimmer switch doesn't dim at all. I just read on another thread it may only work at night - I've...
  8. A

What are these...

So I was just going through my stack of mods I still need to install, and found these little guys in a baggie. Problem is, I can’t for the life of me remember where they came from. Anyone care to hazard a guess as to what these are? Small metal block with about a two inch piece of copper coming...
  9. A

eBay side skirts

Anybody care to weigh in on whether or not the below could be a decent low-cost option for hiding some unsightly side skirt dents? https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-VW-Golf-GTI-15-17-MK7-VII-R-Style-Side-Skirts-Body-Kit-Rocker-Panel-Pair-PP-/192325033194
  10. A

Downpipe flange for block

So I've unloaded my UR catless downpipe and am now in the market for a catted downpipe. One thing I've noticed in looking at different downpipes is that some have a flange for connecting to the stock block in the OEM location. Is this a necessity? Better for long term stability or durability...
  11. A

Engine/Tranny Mount Options - Current State

What's the current state of engine/tranny mount options? CTS mounts are giving up the ghost here and there, right? How about 034? I know BFI reigns supreme, but the price difference b/w them and say CTS/034 gives me pause for a daily driver. ECS seems to have good mounts, and Revo gets some...
  12. A

BFI Leather Shift Boot

Was going to post this in Cosmetic but thought it would get more views here... Has anyone installed one of BFI's leather shift boots? Looking to pick up one of their knobs and thought about upgrading the shift boot as well. The leather quality of the stock boot leaves a little to be desired and...
  13. A

Tires for 18x8.5 Hypergrams

So my new Hypergrams came in, and it's time to wrap them in...something. The "something" is where I'm currently stuck. I've been reading/searching for a week or so now, and THINK I have a good grasp on things, but wanted to pose my questions to the group to solicit some input... Background -...
  14. A

R side skirts on GTI?

Anyone know how retrofitting R side skirts onto the GTI would work? Only reason I ask is I’ve got some dents on the bottom of the side skirts from the previous owner - I’ve tried pulling them with a dent removal kit and it just isn’t working for me. Body shop estimate is $1,500, no thanks...
  15. A

17" wheels

I searched but couldn't find a dedicated thread to this - can people with 17" wheels post pics of their setups? Thinking of going with 17" Hypergrams and beefy tires...there's just something about that look that I love. What I'm really looking for is a pic of 17" bronze Hypergrams on Pure...
  16. A

Upper echelon mods

I was going to post this in General Discussion, but thought it might be more appropriate here as it's performance-minded. Mods, feel free to move if need be. So, I've been quietly amassing parts and planning the build of my '16 SE 6spd. I'm a financial analyst by trade, so I've got a pretty...
  17. A

ATL/eastern GA tint shops

Anyone have any good recommendations for tint shops around ATL/Athens that will tint the quarter windows up front? Talked with two local shops in Athens and neither are willing to remove trim pieces to get to those windows. Going 20% on a white car, so if I don't get them tinted it'll end up...
  18. A

Black mirror caps

Anyone know where I can find some gloss black mirror caps? Trying to get a black/white theme going on (Pure White SE) and have plans for vinyl wrapping the roof and black mirror caps. I found a few options on eBay, and while the price is alluring (~$30), the low price also gives me pause in...