GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine/Tranny Mount Options - Current State

afman916

Ready to race!
What's the current state of engine/tranny mount options? CTS mounts are giving up the ghost here and there, right? How about 034? I know BFI reigns supreme, but the price difference b/w them and say CTS/034 gives me pause for a daily driver. ECS seems to have good mounts, and Revo gets some decent reviews.

I'm really just trying to find a mount that reduces some of the movement/slop (primarily in first two gears) without introducing appreciable levels of NVH, oh and doesn't give out in X,XXX miles.

Thoughts? I've done a ton of research but unfortunately I haven't really come to a solid conclusion, and have been reading here and there (forums and FB groups) that mounts have been failing.

teemmy

Ready to race!
I would go for CTS mounts when they go on sale - I think that's the best deal you'll find out there. They seem pretty much identical to 034 as well. I have a mix between ECS engine and CTS trans and they work great for me

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Unless something new has happened, im saving for Stage 2 BFI mounts, and the Roc-Euro Stablizer. That should handle all my mount needs.

I have NO idea what super pro and racing line are doing. RL always has a crazy price structure and super pro must love exclusivity

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
CTS is shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I've been on the 034Motorsport mounts for 4,000 miles now. So far no issues and they seem to have reduced a lot of the drivetrain slop. No noticeable increase in NVH either.

I was considering BFI stage 1 mounts as well but after reading about the differences between high-durometer rubber mounts and polyurethane mounts on 034Motorsport's website I decided to go with them.

I also considered getting the CTS based on their price being lower (especially when they run their sales) but ultimately went with the 034 because I had used their strut mounts on my MKV Jetta and am currently running their dogbone insert on my GTI with zero issues.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
HPA Puck has been good for me, no problems after two HPDE seasons as well.

afman916

Ready to race!
Unless something new has happened, im saving for Stage 2 BFI mounts, and the Roc-Euro Stablizer. That should handle all my mount needs.

Just checked out the Roc-Euro Stabilizer from the other thread, looks and sounds like a well-engineered product. Thinking of pairing one up with the TBD mounts I'm mulling over.

Perhaps 034 mounts and Roc-Euro Stabilizer? BFI pricing at even Stage 1 is hard to swallow for a DD, unless it really IS worth it over even say 034.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Count me in for another recommendation of BFI's stage 2 kit.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I have the bfi stage 2 motor/tranny mounts and love them. Bfi tells the truth in there description when they say you give up comfort for performance. It is a little louder and there is more vibration but that's ok for me because the performance is great with them and my car is Dd.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk