GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got a kid? Need a seat protector for your MK7? This matches perfectly.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Thought I'd share this one in case anyone wondered what it looks like outside the Amazon images or needs something like this and didn't know about it. The Diono Ultra Mat Full-Size Seat Protector is $20 and looks like it was made for our cars. The stitching even perfectly matches. Really nice build quality. No frayed or loose edges/threads. Feel tough.

https://www.amazon.com/Diono-Ultra-...pID=31NMnDDSnkL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I also got these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MQODEUN/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
for when my son is old enough to sit front facing. They are also very good quality but no pics yet. If you just wanted to protect the back of your rear seat in a rear facing config, you could use just one of these.

On to pics of the Diono:

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I read some reviews I guess you need to be careful they don’t send an off brand, but the Dino one has great reviews. I’ll probably pick one up

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
The Diono Radian R100 matches the interior nicely too. They make good products.

Yeah they do. We've been happy with the Britax stuff so we stuck with it. My kid will be rear facing as long as he'll tolerate it for safety reasons, but damn I can't wait until I can turn him around.

He hates the f'n car seat. Screams and fights 90% of the time I put him in it no matter what car we're in.

racerx20

Ready to race!
Same one I use, nice item.

SpaceGhost

Ready to race!
Yeah I remember we got our new 2004 Odyssey and my kid threw up in it maybe it was a couple of days old. Thankfully we splurged for the leather seats

nate704

Go Kart Champion
already have it. BUT, if your kids are at the age of "terrible two", this will not protect the rest of the "unprotected" area in the cabin.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
already have it. BUT, if your kids are at the age of "terrible two", this will not protect the rest of the "unprotected" area in the cabin.

Yeah. I don't usually let him have food or drink in the car. If he is, myself or my wife are in back with him on damage control. I'm not screwing around lol.

This is more because his feet/dirty shoes are constantly touching the back of the seat and to catch anything that gets tracked into the seat, and to protect the seat surface from the car seat.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for posting this. Baby is due late May, so we're gathering ideas for car seats and this is perfect for me! Can you find one with blue stitching though? :p jk

slide13

Ready to race!
That is nice, looks good!

I wish there was one just like that covered both seats and the center section, kinda like the ones they make for dogs. No dog, but I'll be throwing my golf clubs in the back seat a lot this season and would be nice to have them protected. Only guessing that the rear hatch section is too small for that with the wheel wells, haven't actually tried it though.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Thanks for posting this. Baby is due late May, so we're gathering ideas for car seats and this is perfect for me! Can you find one with blue stitching though? :p jk

Hehehe. I didn't see any, but the red aint bad :)

That is nice, looks good!

I wish there was one just like that covered both seats and the center section, kinda like the ones they make for dogs. No dog, but I'll be throwing my golf clubs in the back seat a lot this season and would be nice to have them protected. Only guessing that the rear hatch section is too small for that with the wheel wells, haven't actually tried it though.

You could just fold the seat down and insert from the trunk... or you can do this:
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics...0894949&sr=8-10&keywords=Bench+seat+protector

racerxxx

Ready to race!
Yeah. I don't usually let him have food or drink in the car. If he is, myself or my wife are in back with him on damage control. I'm not screwing around lol.

This is more because his feet/dirty shoes are constantly touching the back of the seat and to catch anything that gets tracked into the seat, and to protect the seat surface from the car seat.

My kids are 13 and 9 and I'm always running damage control. It's doesn't get better only bigger messes. They have breathing rights in my car and that's about it. First time my daughter went for a ride with me she asked, "should I take my shoes off". This is my first new car ever, so they know what time it is. And my son hates that I park a mile away from the hockey rink, no way some little punk is gonna drag his equipment bag and his hockey stick down my car. I call it character building, they beg to differ. Good luck with the battle!

I always wanted this back in the day when they were little.