GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Successfully disable traction control?

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Has anyone found a way to fully disable it? When launching or driving a little hard it kicks in even if it's set to off in the car settings.
I tried using the obdeleven app to have asr off and esc off. But it doesn't work.

Has anyone disabled it completely yet?

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
I've done the ESC off but traction control still kicks in at weird times. It might have something to do with XDS.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Did it a few weeks ago. Works like a charm!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lUtH012kec

Which option did you go with, 6?

In your car settings do you see ASR off, ESC Sport, ESC Off?

I've done the ESC off but traction control still kicks in at weird times. It might have something to do with XDS.

I have it set to off, but when I drive hard (in a straight line) and tires slip a bit traction control comes on and it slows the whole car down. I did set my XDS to be a bit strong, think that could be it?

murtaza911

Ready to race!
I couldn't figure out how to get ESC off like the video, long coding in obdeleven. So I used another one of their apps (ESC sport/off v2). In my car settings I have ESC sport/off. Selected off. Still get traction control coming on.

I also tried chaning XDS settings back to standard, it didn't help. Also set to off, and still nothing.

Can't get traction control to leave me alone. It's definitely better with esc of, but still comes on.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
On the same topic I can't find it what about removing hill start assist? I'll give the coding you sent a go this weekend hopefully!

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
On the same topic I can't find it what about removing hill start assist? I'll give the coding you sent a go this weekend hopefully!

What?...

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i

Slick99

Ready to race!
will this coding work wit my Audi A3 1.8tfsi as its same engine spec only dsg 7 spd, my car goes to fully esc off by pressing it for 5 sec but still esc light appear on first and 2nd gear on full WOT

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Necrobump here, I did the start vibration setting today. My car didn't have the option to deactivate just strong normal or maximum. So I turned it to Normal. I still get the occasional "fart" and power loss. It's 1/10 as prevalent as it used to be and seems to happen in second gear at max boost.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I had someone with obdeleven go in and turn the vibration reduction to zero and change it so I can shut off ESC and ASR. Before there was only the ability to turn off ASR. Since we don't have a physical button like they gti, there doesn't seem to be an option for long hold or press to go between sport or fully off. Is this correct. Do some golf models have the button? I have to go into the menu screen to turn it off