GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake Bleeders

Navi

Autocross Champion
motive brake bleeder.. love it. One of my favorite tools to use. I have the adapters to use it on VW, Nissan, Honda, and Chrysler so it's paid for itself already by taking care of family cars. I've had it for more than 8 years and it still holds pressure and works just like day 1.

Edit: just checked my email receipts. I bought it August 8, 2012. So not as old as I thought but it has worked like a champ. I had it in storage for a good 5 years, pulled it out and used it 3-4 different times last year and it made light work out of brake jobs. Highly recommend. I don't have any experience with Schwaben but I suspect it's a copy of the motive product. My understanding is that Motive is the original.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
motive brake bleeder.. love it. One of my favorite tools to use. I have the adapters to use it on VW, Nissan, Honda, and Chrysler so it's paid for itself already by taking care of family cars. I've had it for more than 8 years and it still holds pressure and works just like day 1.

Edit: just checked my email receipts. I bought it August 8, 2012. So not as old as I thought but it has worked like a champ. I had it in storage for a good 5 years, pulled it out and used it 3-4 different times last year and it made light work out of brake jobs. Highly recommend. I don't have any experience with Schwaben but I suspect it's a copy of the motive product. My understanding is that Motive is the original.

Thanks I’ll be looking into this when I have more time, my brake maintenance is way overdue

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

I ended up getting the Motive. Looks pretty solid. Thanks.

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
Been using the Motive pressure bleeder for over a decade with great success. You'll wonder how you ever got along without one. It makes life very easy and does a better job than a two person or vacuum brake bleed which can introduce air into the system.

hooville

Go Kart Newbie

Navi

Autocross Champion
Been using the Motive pressure bleeder for over a decade with great success. You'll wonder how you ever got along without one. It makes life very easy and does a better job than a two person or vacuum brake bleed which can introduce air into the system.

yes this! Before I would have to wait till a friend was free and do the whole "pump brakes and hold" bullshit. Man this thing makes it so much easier. Plus the company is great to deal with. I let some fluid sit in my bleeder for a couple months (maybe years) lol. So it ended up turning to sludge and I could see it in the tubing. I used denatured alcohol to clean the tank and tubing out but in the end, the sludge was getting stuck still, so I had to pry off a clamp. Turns out the clamp was completely mangled. I called them to see how much their replacement clamps were before going to a local hardware store to get some regular clamps. They said they would just send me some in the mail no charge. Awesome! And now I always clean the system by emptying all fluids in waste receptacle and flushing with denatured alcohol.