GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage2 and still loving it!

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
33,000 miles with APR Stage 2 (High Torque) and some extras.

Took a friend out for spin who just got an S3. Looking to mod it.

Said he could feel the skin on his face move back and was pinned in the seat under acceleration. I got on it four times.

I also heard him say... "holy shit" the first time I punched it out of the hole!

APR Stage 2 does not disappoint!

Stevo_CT

Ready to race!
What power and torque are you putting out?
Has this had any adverse effects on daily driving?

0-60mph times logged?

Reading through various posts on a couple of different forums, the APR seems to be a very sensible choice.
Enjoy

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
About 60,000 miles APR tuned for me, zero issues.

Best pass at the track (1/4 mile) was 13.2 at 111mph because of a 2.1 60ft...there’s no getting off the line hard without proper slicks. It was also 95* degrees out so DA wasn’t in my favor either, but I had fun and surprised several more expensive “faster” cars.

With that said 0-60 times don’t mean anything in the real world, nobody who races would ever use that for a comparison because there’s way too many variables especially with FWD. Trap speed (the mph at the end of the 1/4 mile)

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I had a tuned MK5. There's just no way to get around FWD without slicks. The vast majority of the members here don't remember cursing Chrysler for starting this crap with their K-car. At the time the only thing FWD was good for at the time was driving in the snow without snow tires. I resisted until I got transferred and needed to drive a long distance to work.

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
What power and torque are you putting out?
Has this had any adverse effects on daily driving?

0-60mph times logged?

Reading through various posts on a couple of different forums, the APR seems to be a very sensible choice.
Enjoy

0-60 3.5.
I turned 11.8 at 115 in the Qtr earlier this year.

It's a daily driver. No problems other than needing to change the spark plugs. My APR tuner recommended the RS7 plug.

Everything works flawlessly!

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
How long do they last?
I'm not sure. I had problems with spinning previous tires.

These just hook up and go.

They grip well off the line and through the twisties too!

Aussie R

Ready to race!
I totally agree with this. Same set up with 54k km and love it. I don't get to drive it hard very often so even myself get the "holy s@$& it's fast" moments when I actually get a chance to go WOT.

I've had mates with 6L v8s totally gobsmacked saying how's it possible? My cousin laughing non stop each time my step brother hit accelerator in it.

My wife who drives stock s3 says it's too fast and responsive when she drives it and that's just normal mode she's not even tried sports.

I've been unlucky and had both waterpump and haldex pump fail. But that's no fault of mods as we know they're the 2 most prone to failure parts.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I totally agree with this. Same set up with 54k km and love it. I don't get to drive it hard very often so even myself get the "holy s@$& it's fast" moments when I actually get a chance to go WOT.

I've had mates with 6L v8s totally gobsmacked saying how's it possible? My cousin laughing non stop each time my step brother hit accelerator in it.

My wife who drives stock s3 says it's too fast and responsive when she drives it and that's just normal mode she's not even tried sports.

I've been unlucky and had both waterpump and haldex pump fail. But that's no fault of mods as we know they're the 2 most prone to failure parts.

Did the Haldex pump fail?