GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

KillboBaggins

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the bfi gs2 heavy knob in black Alcantara (got it as a gift) and it is really nice. It's hard not to just fondle it all the time while I'm driving. Really makes the throws feel "deliberate" as the best word to describe it.
THANK YOU. That's the perfect way to describe it.

It may sound weird but the shifts no longer feel "mushy". I always felt that my shifts had a tendency to get lost with the stock one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
1st oil service, 7400 miles. Apparently my car was build on September 1, 2017, since that's when it started reminding me.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Set of new shoes today. Indy 500s 235/40/18. Love them so far.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Welp its the end of an era boys. Tomorrow morning the good old mk7 will be going to a good home its beem a blast for the last 3 years and 18k.

Thanks to all the great info. I am sure I will come back to see how things are going. I picked up a 2014 Forester XT to better accomidate the family.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Mind me asking the general area in philly you live? Is that northeast, along frankford? Looks exactly like my gf's parents' back alley

South Philly 28th st and Snyder

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
A 17" RPF1 will clear a 986 caliper. I'm so happy to say goodbye to brake fade

DJinAC

Passed Driver's Ed
Welp its the end of an era boys. Tomorrow morning the good old mk7 will be going to a good home its beem a blast for the last 3 years and 18k.

Thanks to all the great info. I am sure I will come back to see how things are going. I picked up a 2014 Forester XT to better accomidate the family.

Good Luck with the Forester. I am looking to pick up my MK7 next week but my kids are grown and out of the house.

Silkblue16

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice work! What did you do with the wear sensor?

A 17" RPF1 will clear a 986 caliper. I'm so happy to say goodbye to brake fade

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
OK let's see. On my semi recently new to me 2017 sport 6mt with 42k miles, today I did all the things I know the original owner purposely sold the car to avoid (besides selling it for fear of no more b2b warranty).

Brake pads.
Spark plugs
Manual tranny fluid
Diff fluid
Air filter

Next weekend is the big one, where I make it "mine"

Unitronic Stage 1
Springs and shocks all around
Sigma shifter
Hpa dogbone
New engine and tranny mounts.

Oh and I've been fiddling things with my new vagcom. (giggle "vag").

Next phase after that is giving it touchups, paint correction / polishing / and all that exterior work most people also never do.

Then we'll have to see how it feels at stage 1. Might leave it be just like that.

Man I wish so bad they made this car in a rwd only configuration. It's still way fun (and about to get more so) , but nothing is ever as fun as rwd. But the want for a does everything car trumped the rwd fun car options.

If they sold the BMW 140i hatch in the states, I'd almost certainly gone for one of those.

It was close to getting the 135i. That car is so insane fun to drive. But too impractical plus i hate it's exterior.

Oh well. C'est la vie.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Good Luck with the Forester. I am looking to pick up my MK7 next week but my kids are grown and out of the house.
Thanks!!

I will definitely be back behing the wheel of a GTI or R when the house emptys out as well.

Good luck with the mk7 great cars!!!

bassguyej

First mod

28k miles later, the first mod is done, APR carbon Fiber CAI. Up next are CTS BoV and turboback exhaust, H&R lowering springs, and a Stage 2 ARP tune.

For current owners of the APR carbon fiber CAI, were you able to get your intake box to sit on the rubber grommet at all? Mine refuses to mount on it, and because of that it has some bounce when I hit the gas, and I'm sure hard bumps on the road will make it bounce as well. Should I be concerned? :confused:

Attachments

• 42058759_10156799199234388_1491097149205643264_o.jpg
    42058759_10156799199234388_1491097149205643264_o.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 668

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
28k miles later, the first mod is done, APR carbon Fiber CAI. Up next are CTS BoV and turboback exhaust, H&R lowering springs, and a Stage 2 ARP tune.

For current owners of the APR carbon fiber CAI, were you able to get your intake box to sit on the rubber grommet at all? Mine refuses to mount on it, and because of that it has some bounce when I hit the gas, and I'm sure hard bumps on the road will make it bounce as well. Should I be concerned? :confused:

It should def be mounted. Try putting the rubber grommet on the car mount first then push the intake onto it..