GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Koni Yellow settings

Frenchyfromfl

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R DSG
Anyone ordered their set from Tunersports?

They seemed to be the cheapest I found around. They list them for $586.60 and Koni is running a mail in rebate promotion as well ($50.00 on the sports shock).

Never dealt with this vendor and looking for some feedback. Can't seem to find a lot of reviews besides on their own website....

Thanks!

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Anyone ordered their set from Tunersports?

They seemed to be the cheapest I found around. They list them for $586.60 and Koni is running a mail in rebate promotion as well ($50.00 on the sports shock).

Never dealt with this vendor and looking for some feedback. Can't seem to find a lot of reviews besides on their own website....

Thanks!

Yes, a few of us have. I received my order the day after I placed it. :D I read some reviews of others having the same experience.
The only weird thing for my order was a couple of the boxes were pretty thrashed which made me wonder, especially given the lightning fast shipping. May have just been my order I don't know, but I'd order from them again no problem. The parts inside the boxes were fine and nothing was missing.

Frenchyfromfl

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R DSG
Yes, a few of us have. I received my order the day after I placed it. :D I read some reviews of others having the same experience.
The only weird thing for my order was a couple of the boxes were pretty thrashed which made me wonder, especially given the lightning fast shipping. May have just been my order I don't know, but I'd order from them again no problem. The parts inside the boxes were fine and nothing was missing.

Thanks!

Haven’t placed an order yet because they list the exact part numbers Koni has on their website but when I do a search for 2018 models then they don’t come up as compatibles on turnersports. You have to google the part numbers to end up on their page.
I assume they only list the set as compatible with MK7s.
But I don’t think there is any difference between MK7s and MK7.5s.
Seems a lot of vendors still can’t figure out how to list parts available for MK7.5 models on their websites. It’s almost 2019.....

Also if boxes were trashed and they offer such good prices, it’s maybe because they sell returned/damaged boxes like outlet stores for examples?!

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks!

Haven’t placed an order yet because they list the exact part numbers Koni has on their website but when I do a search for 2018 models then they don’t come up as compatibles on turnersports. You have to google the part numbers to end up on their page.
I assume they only list the set as compatible with MK7s.
But I don’t think there is any difference between MK7s and MK7.5s.
Seems a lot of vendors still can’t figure out how to list parts available for MK7.5 models on their websites. It’s almost 2019.....

Also if boxes were trashed and they offer such good prices, it’s maybe because they sell returned/damaged boxes like outlet stores for examples?!

Yep, I did the same thing yesterday but couldn't seem to find the Koni Yellows for my mk7, I stopped trying and figured I would call...

Frenchyfromfl

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R DSG
Yep, I did the same thing yesterday but couldn't seem to find the Koni Yellows for my mk7, I stopped trying and figured I would call...

Yes, had to search using the part numbers found on the Koni website.

Anyone running these on 2018 MK7.5?

I picked a set of VWR and thinking about upgrading the socks at the same time. So I can also keep the original suspension setups case I decide to return to stock.

YoYoCome

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, had to search using the part numbers found on the Koni website.

Anyone running these on 2018 MK7.5?

I picked a set of VWR and thinking about upgrading the socks at the same time. So I can also keep the original suspension setups case I decide to return to stock.

Not yet, but that's what I am looking to run as well on my MK7.5 GTI. Got the VWR Springs already and going to get the Koni Sport shocks.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Do these ever need re-adjusting once set? I won't be doing the install myself so I'm thinking if I get these, I'll just have them set it a certain setting and leave it as is for a while lol.

Still torn between this and Bilstein B8's though... reviews seem to say they're softer when you push the limits but very compliant in the streets whilst Koni Yellows are slightly firmer/harsher but feels more precise.

Frenchyfromfl

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R DSG
Do these ever need re-adjusting once set? I won't be doing the install myself so I'm thinking if I get these, I'll just have them set it a certain setting and leave it as is for a while lol.

Still torn between this and Bilstein B8's though... reviews seem to say they're softer when you push the limits but very compliant in the streets whilst Koni Yellows are slightly firmer/harsher but feels more precise.

Main reason I’m looking at the Koni is that everyone seems to say the bilstein are nowhere available

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Check out the sticky for buying a new suspension. The links and part numbers are in there. The 7.5 uses the same ones.

Also, they don’t need to be re-adjusted unless you want them changed. If you are having them installed, I would strongly recommend setting the rears yourself and NOT relying on the guys in the shop to do it. Maybe if they are a tuner who knows exactly how to set them, but otherwise don’t rely on them. It’s easy once you know how to do it, but it’s not intuitive. I installed my own but it would drive me crazy not knowing if they set them right.

Lastly, yes, they are generally firmer than the B8’s but I wouldn’t consider them to be harsh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Check out the sticky for buying a new suspension. The links and part numbers are in there. The 7.5 uses the same ones.

Also, they don’t need to be re-adjusted unless you want them changed. If you are having them installed, I would strongly recommend setting the rears yourself and NOT relying on the guys in the shop to do it. Maybe if they are a tuner who knows exactly how to set them, but otherwise don’t rely on them. It’s easy once you know how to do it, but it’s not intuitive. I installed my own but it would drive me crazy not knowing if they set them right.

Lastly, yes, they are generally firmer than the B8’s but I wouldn’t consider them to be harsh.

Great! Regardless of which I pick, I think I'll have my local tuning shop do the install. They know a thing or two about suspension settings for a road course/street.

Since the Koni Yellows are adjustable shocks, do they require coilover-like maintenance or rebuilds?

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
Since the Koni Yellows are adjustable shocks, do they require coilover-like maintenance or rebuilds?

Nope, although they are fully rebuildable (albeit at a high cost - generally easier to just buy new). There's no adjustable spring perches or fancy mounts to corrode either so the Koni's are very low maintenance for their working life.

If you feel the shock getting softer over the years you can dial in a bit more rebound and run them longer. All shocks eventually wear out, of course.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Great! Regardless of which I pick, I think I'll have my local tuning shop do the install. They know a thing or two about suspension settings for a road course/street.

I got Koni Yellows and Neuspeed Sport springs for my GTI. I drive on the horrible southern California roads, and have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised. I thought I would leave my fronts on the softest setting. I'm now at 3/4 of a turn and think I can make them stiffer still. The ride quality is quite nice (I'm sensitive to NVH). I think the Konis do not disappoint.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
I got Koni Yellows and Neuspeed Sport springs for my GTI. I drive on the horrible southern California roads, and have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised. I thought I would leave my fronts on the softest setting. I'm now at 3/4 of a turn and think I can make them stiffer still. The ride quality is quite nice (I'm sensitive to NVH). I think the Konis do not disappoint.

Yeah, buddy!