GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DD GTI w/ APR stage 1....supporting mods?

L26_BRO

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys,

DD is a 2016 GTI nonPP, only mods are APR DSG tune and a pedal box. Getting close to 60k, and the plan is to go stage 1 APR at that point. Question is, what are the best mods to match the additional power in a car I'll be driving for 2 hours a day?

Plan on upgrading the brake pads before the tune, and summer tires and downpipe after.

Guess the main question is...I used to have the 034 dogbone insert and initially the tighter planted feeling was great, but after half a year of commuting the NVH became a drag. Is there a better option on the market now?

Any other ideas yall have would be great to hear, thanks.

Last edited:

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Don't upgrade the down pipe after, just throw a DP on and go stage 2 to begin with.

A good intercooler is the only other power mod (and it's really more of a safety and consistency mod) that I'd strongly recommend. Stage 2 cars heat soak pretty badly.

DP03

Ready to race!
Don't upgrade the down pipe after, just throw a DP on and go stage 2 to begin with.

A good intercooler is the only other power mod (and it's really more of a safety and consistency mod) that I'd strongly recommend. Stage 2 cars heat soak pretty badly.

This. There's no charge for the S2 tune if you get the DP.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
With mounts...seems finding the right mix can be tricky. I ran a 034 dogbone insert for a while and found the NVH unpleasant but might of not installed correctly. What's the most minimal setup to tighten the motor up?

I have the 034 Dogbone and no NVH after 1.5 years. Maybe yours was installed incorrectly or maybe it's bent.

Engine/Trans mount will help as well. I got the 034 ones installed a few months ago and they feel great, big difference when shifting at high load.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Looking at my local APR dealers store it wasn't exactly clear...

is the S2 tune free if you buy the APR downpipe STOCK?

Or do you need to buy the S1 tune, then buy their DP and the upgrade to S2 is free?

You have to be stage one first

DP03

Ready to race!
You have to be stage one first

Yes you do. I think the DP is worth it, S1 or S2, so might as well flash to S2 for the same price.