GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016 GTI S JB4 map 6 tune w/ MAP DP E30 blend vs 2010 EVO 10

MK7Blythiepoo

Passed Driver's Ed
Last night did a few races with my buddy in Mexico he has a 2010 EVO 10 w/ a MHI18k turbo and full bolt ons except intercooler and I had him on a 30 roll in 2nd and a 40 roll in 4th I’d pull almost a car length in 2nd and 4th but once I hit around 5k in 4th he pulled and passed me, I knew he’d beat me in the top end but I’m damn proud about pulling on him in the low end considering he’s making 420awhp definitely gave him a run for his money considering when my car was bone stock and we raced I didn’t even stand a chance:D

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Upgrade your IC and then get a stage 2 tune and then race him. Should beat him with no problem. Your JB4 does not remove the top speed governor so that's why he passed you in your 4th.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
Upgrade your IC and then get a stage 2 tune and then race him. Should beat him with no problem. Your JB4 does not remove the top speed governor so that's why he passed you in your 4th.

shouldn't hit the 124mph limiter until 6200ish in a dsg car.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
shouldn't hit the 124mph limiter until 6200ish in a dsg car.

It starts pulling power earlier.

It's a soft limiter, I've hit it on the dyno and power just starts tapering off before 120

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
It starts pulling power earlier.

It's a soft limiter, I've hit it on the dyno and power just starts tapering off before 120

I notice it start hitting before 120 as well. I usually feel it, then look down and I'm around 119 give or take.