GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 vs Mk6 disappointment

Ssleepy

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello all,

I’m new to this forum. Here’s my question: should an Mk6 gti stage 1 Revo ever beat an MK7 stage 2 Revo? Yesterday, coming home from work in my Gti MK7 stage 2 I got destroyed by an Mk6 gti stage 1 from a stand still and from a 20 roll. I could understand losing but not by the 2-3 car lengths I lost by. My tire wear on all tires is pretty low since I’ve had the car for some time. However, I have beaten some quick cars. This was the first ever Revo car I’ve raced. I’m feeling a little beat wondering if the tune shop I took the car to ever even actually tuned it with the stage 2 software. Any ideas would help because I’d rather not go back to that tune shop if a stage 1 should never even come close to beating a stage 2. Thanks for the input!

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
A MK7 stage 2 would destroy a MK6 stage 1 and stage 2. Couple of possibilities here... 1) The driver of the MK6 is lying about his mods or 2) you have a boost leak or 3) the tuning shop ripped you off and never tuned your car.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
For reference - I was at a local Dyno day a couple weeks back and there was a MK6 running a hybrid KO4 (bigger wheels) with E50 and FBO who only put down 20hp more than my stage 2 MK7 on 93 and an incomplete tune.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
MK6s are slow. Either he had undisclosed mods or your car is broken.

Or he out-drove you, by a lot.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
A MK7 stage 2 would destroy a MK6 stage 1 and stage 2. Couple of possibilities here... 1) The driver of the MK6 is lying about his mods or 2) you have a boost leak or 3) the tuning shop ripped you off and never tuned your car.

or OP doesn't know how to drive fast. :D

Ssleepy

Passed Driver's Ed
Appreciate all replies, thanks. Going to take it to another tune shop to check it out. Anyone know any good Revo dealers or tune shops in either NY or NJ?