GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Would an intercooler need a tune up?

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

When you get an intercooler and a downpipe, i would definitely get a retune if you want to take full advantage of these mods. The downpipe definitely makes a power difference, and the intercooler keep the IATS down and allows for more advanced timing.

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
it wouldn't NEED one, but it would benefit from one. Just because we can push the car a bit more with the upgraded IC, so we could provide a bit more boost and more timing. The car shouldn't have any issues running your current tune with an IC, but you don't be maximizing your performance without one.
When you get an intercooler and a downpipe, i would definitely get a retune if you want to take full advantage of these mods. The downpipe definitely makes a power difference, and the intercooler keep the IATS down and allows for more advanced timing.
Thank you, I have a majesty intercooler and cts catted down pipe sitting in the garage..[emoji41][emoji106]

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
I have to say, working with Jared has been super easy, he sends me a revision, I load and go do a couple pulls, send to Jared and pretty much within 24-48hrs I have a new revision. Very happy with the turnaround time and the communication thus far with stratified[emoji41][emoji106]

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Have the tuners been backed up lately? I've been waiting two weeks for my latest revision, before it would only take a few days

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
That seems like a long time, haven't waited more than a few days and I'm on revision 8. I would email customer service [emoji41][emoji106]

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
I’ve been waiting 2 weeks on a top up as well.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Yesterday I was messing around with the crackles and noticed in 2nd gear as I let off the throttle I could hear a mechanical sound, sounded like that mechanical clank you get when you dont shift smoothly. Should I be concerned about that and not use the crackles? I've already been worried that the jarring/braking effect from it is hard on the car

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Yesterday I was messing around with the crackles and noticed in 2nd gear as I let off the throttle I could hear a mechanical sound, sounded like that mechanical clank you get when you dont shift smoothly. Should I be concerned about that and not use the crackles? I've already been worried that the jarring/braking effect from it is hard on the car

I had something similar, not related to crackles though (I had it in Normal mode). I recently flashed with the latest revision that I got and when I got in boost, I heard some weird clank noises... I'm still unsure what it was. Freaked me out.. turned the car off for a bit (was already at home) then went out for another run and tried going full boost. No problems after...

This was 1 or 2 months ago and my car seems to be running fine since then. Though I did get a thermostat housing/water pump replaced under warranty last month, don't know if it's related lol.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I had something similar, not related to crackles though (I had it in Normal mode). I recently flashed with the latest revision that I got and when I got in boost, I heard some weird clank noises... I'm still unsure what it was. Freaked me out.. turned the car off for a bit (was already at home) then went out for another run and tried going full boost. No problems after...

This was 1 or 2 months ago and my car seems to be running fine since then. Though I did get a thermostat housing/water pump replaced under warranty last month, don't know if it's related lol.

I wasn't flooring it or getting into the boost very much, just light acceleration and then took my foot off around 3k rpms to hear the crackles. My worry is it might be putting too much stress on the clutch (which I'm already paranoid about because OEM clutch + Stage 1 tune)

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Rev 4 of the tune. Looks like I'm starting to get close. More logs for those who are curious. The little CTS FMIC loves the cold weather though, holds 10-12 degrees over ambient all the way over 6k rpm. At full retail it is terribly overpriced compared to the other options out there, but picked up local and used on the cheap, it was a worthwhile upgrade.

https://datazap.me/u/oddspyke/strat-rev-4-log-1-2?log=0&data=5-8-18-19-20-21

Navi

Autocross Champion
I wasn't flooring it or getting into the boost very much, just light acceleration and then took my foot off around 3k rpms to hear the crackles. My worry is it might be putting too much stress on the clutch (which I'm already paranoid about because OEM clutch + Stage 1 tune)

I don't think it's related to your clutch, but def start saving for a clutch either way.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I don't think it's related to your clutch, but def start saving for a clutch either way.

You know when you're coming to a rolling stop, as you slow down in gear and the RPMs get close to idle it feels like the clutch disengages because the engine braking goes away and the car rolls freely right before it reaches the 'stall zone', but then you get back on the throttle to get moving again - I think that's actually where I've heard the noise before. Can someone explain to me what causes that?

Hopefully the way I wrote that makes sense lol... anyways I'm ready to buy a new clutch when needed I'm just not in a hurry to do so

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
You know when you're coming to a rolling stop, as you slow down in gear and the RPMs get close to idle it feels like the clutch disengages because the engine braking goes away and the car rolls freely right before it reaches the 'stall zone', but then you get back on the throttle to get moving again - I think that's actually where I've heard the noise before. Can someone explain to me what causes that?

Hopefully the way I wrote that makes sense lol... anyways I'm ready to buy a new clutch when needed I'm just not in a hurry to do so

part of that feeling is the cars antistall feature. It's trying to prevent the car from stalling or the rpms going to low.