GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW ECU tune dection defeat

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Or buy APR Plus for a few hundred more. If you're stage 2 and above you have hardware to remove. Nothing stopping you from using a piggyback or APR Plus with a downpipe if you want to remove it before taking it in for warranty work. Even paying to remove it and towing is cheaper.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
This enables you to commit Fraud?

I'm confused as to its purpose other than attempted warranty shenanigans. Seems like ridiculous lengths to dodge paying to play, especially since it's expensive itself.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
This enables you to commit Fraud?

I'm confused as to its purpose other than attempted warranty shenanigans. Seems like ridiculous lengths to dodge paying to play, especially since it's expensive itself.

yup, my dealer knows my car is modded and not to flash it, i never tried hiding anything from them, makes the relationship easier if we are both truthful about things

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I think many people are misunderstanding this. Magic Motorsports is very well known in the industry for ECU tools, however these tools and licenses are really only for places that tune cars. This is not something for a person that wants to tune their car. The tuner who did my car uses Magic Motorsports and told me about many of their features and the stuff is great but again you have to be selling a lot of tunes to justify the cost.

Drader

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, this is just a toolset for people who want to create tunes. Defeating the flash counter is easy now. The hard part is generating bogus logs that don't reveal you requested too much booooost!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Yes, this is just a toolset for people who want to create tunes. Defeating the flash counter is easy now. The hard part is generating bogus logs that don't reveal you requested too much booooost!

What tuner does that, when there is no flash counter anymore?

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Well, in theory Cobb is supposed to do something similar (as it reads your ECU, stores it and then flashes it back from the stored if you revert to something similar). Flash counter re-writes have been around for a bit (from what I've read).

Everyone makes a lot of assumptions of how VAG will find a flash, but we have little hard facts on how it is done.

Save the money for parts or don't flash.

Cobb flashes CAN be detected though, that’s already a known thing.

Cjburn

Passed Driver's Ed
The way I see it, if this doesnt exist in the domestic world, with incredibly easier computers to hack, it wouldnt happen in the Euro world. I cant imagine an oe, or oe supplier not having iron clad non compete clauses from allowing their engineers from disclosing what they know to aftermarket companies, or founding one.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
The way I see it, if this doesnt exist in the domestic world, with incredibly easier computers to hack, it wouldnt happen in the Euro world. I cant imagine an oe, or oe supplier not having iron clad non compete clauses from allowing their engineers from disclosing what they know to aftermarket companies, or founding one.

From what I "heard" this is how the tuners get the ECU information for their tunes.

Cjburn

Passed Driver's Ed
Ford basically opens up their code for tuners, thats why there were tuned versions of the S550 before its actual release.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Since this would essentially be insurance- what mechanical failures,other than blowing the engine, could happen that would justify the $5k price tag? A blown turbo would be around half that, right?

And if this product is legit, I would imagine auto manufacturers would be suing these guys into oblivion